Quicken 2012 Personal Software

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
On start-up Title page "Bills and Deposits" appears.How do I close or otherwise remove it?
Regards-John.
Photo of Carmel Holloway

Carmel Holloway

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Hi John,

You can select what screen Quicken opens into by doing the following: Click Edit > Preferences > Quicken Program > Startup > Select from the drop down box what screen to startup into > OK.  From then on when you open Quicken it will open into the screen you have selected.

Hope that helps.

Shane.

Photo of Carmel Holloway

Carmel Holloway

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Shane,
Thanks for your quick response to my query. Regrettably your answer didn't seem to work.
I still have that "Bills & Deposits" page on screen on startup. However I notice that the 
header at top of  page refers to sample program. Does this info help?
Regards--John.
Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Hi John,

If you have changed the preferences in your data file, open it rather than the sample file. If it still goes to the bills and deposits screen it means you have the preferences for start up set to Home.  Click Edit > Preferences > Quicken Program > Startup > Select from the drop down box what screen to startup into - (other than Home as Home opens to the bills and deposits screen) > click OK.

These preferences is where you determine what page your data file opens to.

Maybe it went to the bills and deposits screen this time because your in the sample file instead of your data file.

Regards, Shane.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.