quicken personal plus 2016

Derrick Hard
Derrick Hard Member Posts: 1
I have downloaded and registered Quicken 2016 Personal Plus but it will not run because I am told I have downloaded it to a different computer to the one on which I ran 2015 version. This is not the case, I am using the same computer. I have removed the 2015 version.  what should I do to get version 2016 running?

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Common problem. Reboot then reregister, should be okay. Gary
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Derrick,

As Leif has asked above, have there been any changes to your PC or set-up recently?

We've got some information here which may be helpful for you - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3791

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    KB3791,  and similarly in KB4897 (the latter being the issue of printing and error -20 with WIn10),  have a couple of refinements.  Back on 25/8/2015 we researched both these symptoms in relation to WIN10.   

Those two KB articles were provided some enhancements to list the steps of XP, versus Vista versus Win7  versus Win v8.   But they had no WIN10 steps.  Win10 followed very much the WIn8 steps where stated, otherwise followed WIn7  with one exception.  

re: KB4897  

6.    Set Reckon Accounts 2013 to Run as Administrator:

i.        Right-click your Reckon Accounts icon and select Properties > Compatibility;

ii.        Under Privilege Level, tick Run this program as an administrator

Windows 10:         
               Under SETTINGS paragraph heading..... 
                        tick Run this program as an administrator

iii.        Click    APPLY  then  OK.

iv.        Note:
               do not tick run this program in compatibility mode
               in the Compatibility mode section.

That subtle change for WIN10 also relates to KB3791   for the tests done at ABS in August.

In respect to this forum's original request/issue,  the symptom comes about when a reboot is missed after the first installation process, and/or needs a 2nd entry of the CODES.

II'd appreciate those with the problem in this forum article confirming this point,  and if others concur,  then perhaps the KB articles could be enhanced to help  others.

Hope this refines the solution

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"