Quicken Plus 2013 - upgrade 2015 via download

Options
DBRS
DBRS Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

My PC is a MS Windows 8.1 (64bit operating system x64 based processor).  After successfully DOWNLOADING and installing Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 I opened an Adobe file via the Quicken file (attached Electronic Invoices)  and started to receive error messages.

Examples follow:

Font Capture: AcroRd32.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location )c07e34aac.

Click on OK to terminate the Program

Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library

Runtime Error !

Program: C..........This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information

I have tried to fix this by restoring my PC to an earlier restore point, updating all Adobe, MS and Java software and NOT reinstalling the 2013 and 2015 Quicken software and found that I did not have any error messages but then when I reinstall the 2015 DOWNLOADED version of Quicken the error messages returned

Today I received the CD version of 2015 and before I install I would like to know:

Is the CD tested differently to the Download version ??  Is this a known problem and do you have a solution for fixing this issue.

Comments

• Palak
    Palak Alumni Posts: 37
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for posting on  Reckon Community.
    if you have already installed the Reckon Account Personal 2015 then you do not required to install it again from CD.
    if you had installed and not working then would please completely uninstall the all your old version as well as the current version 2015 from Control panel-->Programs & Features  please

or you can Download the Revo Uninstaller from http://www.revouninstaller.com/index.html and uninstall the Reckon Account Personal Application of all the version (make sure you should keep your Data file backup safely)
    Once uninstall Old and current version then install new version from the CD please

Lets see How does it go.

Thank you
    Palak

• DBRS
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Palak,

I can confirm that there is a definite issue with Version 2015.

As instructed I had uninstalled version 2015, and could then open/view Adobe PDF files without any issues.

This evening I reinstalled version 2015 via CD and the error messages returned.

I am using Windows 8.1 - this time via file explorer, opened folder where I have many PDF files, clicked on the file I wanted to view (without opening) and the error message returned.

I have now gone back to version 2013 and no error messages.

Look forward to your comments.

• Palak
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    I think, your PDF files are opening with Reckon Account 2015, may be PDF file association has been change to Reckon Account 2015 instead .PDF. if this is the case then
    can you follow the Link below to change the File Association to .PDF please
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Thank you
    Palak
  • DBRS
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Palak,

Currently running Reckon 2013 version without problems. I have checked each folder and they are all Adobe Acrobat Document (.pdf).

I cannot say when using the 2015 version that these files had been converted to  "Reckon Account 2015.PDF's" but if they were I would presume the software would have converted these automatically... which in the past did not.

At the moment I am still running tax reports and  as it has taken nearly two weeks of my time, I will not try to upgrade to 2015.

I would test this out on my LapTop Windows 7 but Reckon does not allow one license on two computers at the same time so I have to leave it until my renewal later this year.

:-(
  • Palak
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    you can install Reckon Account 2015 on your Windows 7 PC to test please

Let see how does it go.

Thank you

Palak