Payroll Premier to Reckon Accounts Import

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Client uses Reckon Accounts, but Quickpayroll for running their pay cycles. Am I able to export Payroll data from QPayroll and Import it to Reckon Accounts so I can streamline the process for them?
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

• 1,090 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Gail Lewis

Gail Lewis, Accredited Partner

• 1,316 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Try using the payroll within reckon accounts. It's new financial year next month so great time to start using it
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

Yeah Gail, Thanks :) That is in fact the plan. As it is, the company uses Payroll premier and I am planning on setting that to run their payroll within reckon accounts. Amongst other things, they are paying for both annual licences. 
So, my question is, can I export the payroll data from Premier and import it to reckon accounts, or do I have to set it all up the long slow way, ie from scratch, in accounts?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Certainly can Michael;  Activities>Exports>Payroll Data to RA. :)
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

Thanks Mirko, Ill give it a shot - is there a KB of help-file reference by any chance?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Michael, I was sure I posted the link here - but here it is > https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/export-from-payroll-premier-to-rab

I had one of the Tech Guys write up a Community KB for this yesterday. Forgive the formatting, I'm still editing that!

Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

Thanks Mirko, That article seems, at first read, to be exporting a pay run from Payroll to Reckon Accounts so the entries are made in RA.
What I actually want to do is export the employee, pay items, super data etc from Payroll and import it to Reckon Accounts so from that point on I can run all my pays just using reckon accounts and not have to use Payroll any more - it seems like double handling and inefficient the way its being done now.
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

Thanks Mirko, That article seems, at first read, to be exporting a pay run from Payroll to Reckon Accounts so the entries are made in RA.
What I actually want to do is export the employee, pay items, super data etc from Payroll and import it to Reckon Accounts so from that point on I can run all my pays just using reckon accounts and not have to use Payroll any more - it seems like double handling and inefficient the way its being done now.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Sorry for the lack of reply Micheal. I'm looking into this for you. There is no direct export - but I'm liaising with developers to work out what & how you an export/import. A Reckon Accredited Partner may also have access to do this in a more extensive means. Soon as I get more info, I'll get back to you!

Sorry again, for not advising of this.

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Michael, I've got more info for you....

This will bring across the employees name – all existing pays will be in journal entries so reports will be correct. However you will need to configure the employees details e.g. payroll items, super tax etc.

The Above steps will bring across the pay run into journal entries which will result in the accounts being correct – however these transaction will not be linked to the employees so the payment summaries will be incorrect. To fix this they need to setup YTD amounts for these employees

Also like I stated previously – they need to enter in all the employees info – address, payroll items etc

That is the extent the import-export will go. There is also data migration services which is offered by a third party company which you may be interested in - if you email me at community@reckon.com I can put you onto the right person.

Cheers,
Mirko