Unable to log in see Grey or Black screen?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When we try to log into Quickbooks we get to a grey screen saying "Not Responding".  We are still using R3.  anyone else having this problem??
Photo of Example

Example

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Lyn

Lyn

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes having the same problem.  Reckon is not responding.  
Photo of Stacey Parker

Stacey Parker

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are using R4 but still experiencing problems in trying to log into Reckon. We get as far as the main screen, and nothing. And now it has gone grey. It is a waste of time ringing Reckon, as they have told us it's our connectivity, as we probably have not paid our internet provider. Pass the buck hey Reckon. Reckon strikes again!!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi guys, please try to log off the browser > close the browser & log off any sessions and then attempt again. If that does not work please to clear the browser cache. I have tested on multiple log ins via the internet here in the office and my iPhone and have been able to log in, when my mobile connectivity dropped to 3G I experienced the same grey issue, with 4G connection I logged in straight away, this would indicate that connectivity is playing a part with this. ^Mirko
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to say I too am experiencing the same grey screen - not responding - and my internet speed is fine.  By Reckon's own test it rates as "above average"  by Speedtest .net it is 19.26Mbps down and .89Mbps up.  So connectivity isn't the issue.  Please try harder to come up with an explanation.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Gary, have you been able to get anywhere with the clearing cache and/or closing down browser and reopening (or testing on alternate browser) ?
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

It all started again after about 30 mins...after it came up with a dialogue box saying it couldn't find my file and to abort!  So I aborted and logged in again.  Sorry to say something needs tweaking at your end.

Photo of Lyn

Lyn

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Clearing the browser cache fixed the problem for me thanks Mirko (Ctrl Shift Delete)
Photo of Jeff Langtip

Jeff Langtip

• 528 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't log in (again) Our entire office can not get access.

We were dropped out (again)

We logged off remote sessions and tried again and again.... no good

This is all very frustrating and happens all too often. Whom do we bill our down time to this time around ?
Photo of BHC

BHC

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When logging in I am only getting a black screen. Anyone else having this problem....
Photo of Al Kelly

Al Kelly

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

I'm also getting a black screen when trying to log in.

Yes, I've logged off remote sessions.

Yes, I've closed and re-opened my browser.

Yes, I've cleared cache.

Yes, I've restarted my computer

Yes, I am extremely frustrated, annoyed and disappointed.

Further to the above, I've received meaningless and useless error messages, viz:

"No ticket for this user." and

"Server Busy This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate busy program and correct the problem. Switch To... Retry" Neither of the buttons did anything when I clicked on them.

What a waste of valuable time.

Regards,

Photo of Gemma Jupp

Gemma Jupp

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ditto to all of the above. Also tried using Fire Fox rather than default Safari. Needless to say that didn't work either! Haven't had the "no ticket" message yet but i am sure I will in due course
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

• 1,090 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Second day in a row this has happened to me!!
Photo of Gemma Jupp

Gemma Jupp

Tried clearing the cache with no success. Still getting the trademark reckon black screen. BTW did anyone catch the super stream webinar? I did not because unfortunately after it told me to log out and log in again the session was apparently full.....
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Gemma, email me at Community@Reckon.com and I will have someone look into the Webinar for you. There should have been a recording made, which is able to be sent out. ^Mirko.
Photo of Gemma Jupp

Gemma Jupp

I have the link to the webinar now thanks. Still have black screen of no productivity though
Photo of Gemma Jupp

Gemma Jupp

Just fyi Mirko we have 2 company files and I am able to access one of them. On the other one, after login I now have a new message to provide tech support with error code (-6000,-83). I am really worried there is something wrong with this company file.......
Meanwhile I also can't get the webinar video to work either. I am at my wits end here
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Try this link Gemma, I've just tested:

http://tinyurl.com/nuazs9x

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

With regards to the error code, please give tech support a call. Your datafile will be fine. Tech support will give this one to one attention with you and if need be raise it with help-desk to look into at the back end. ^Mirko
Photo of Gemma Jupp

Gemma Jupp

seems I can watch it in dropbox but not media players. This will have to do for now. Thanks for response though Mirko
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. I will pass this onto our IT team. They are continuing to investigate this matter. As soon as any news is available I will pass it on. Apologies for any inconvenience. ^Mirko
Photo of Tracey Hutton

Tracey Hutton

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How long is this gonna take ? Its getting beyond a joke!!!
Photo of Vanessa Loudon

Vanessa Loudon

• 108 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was logged into Reckon this morning but was kicked off for no apparent reason and now haven't been able to log back in again.  Just getting the blank black screen each time.
The 3 other users in our office have not been affected and are still using Reckon.

I have closed Reckon completely and re-tried.
I have shut down & restarted my computer.
I have cleared the cache.
I have unplugged & replugged in the internet cable.
And unable to log back in again.
Photo of Vanessa Loudon

Vanessa Loudon

Aaannnd as soon as I posted up my comment above, I finally was successful in logging in.
Photo of Angela Brown

Angela Brown

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've been unable to log in for the past 3 hrs..  Can anyone give an ETA of when this is likely to be rectified?
Photo of Marina

Marina

I was in eventually and now kicked off again, only getting to the black screen.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Marina, please check if this has resulted in a hanging session. Please try going into the control panel to remote disconnect any lingering sessions.
Photo of Marina

Marina

Hi Mirko, I had checked for open sessions and there were none.  Just now, without doing anything other than clicking on the browser tab, I am back in. PS that's Chrome.
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

• 1,090 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
An hour yesterday but now four hours today wasted! How are we supposed to run a business with this sort of stuff going on? All tech support could tell me that its not affecting all users. Great, that makes me feel better! Not the service we're paying for!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Michael and others, I understand your frustration and concerns. As it is not affecting the whole user base, establishing the root cause becomes a little more tricky. I hope to update you all in the short term once the common denominator has been found.
Photo of Fiona Vecchio

Fiona Vecchio

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It seems that I am having the same issues this morning also and whilst I was visiting a client I overheard them having these issues also - whilst it may not be affecting ALL users I think it is affecting enough to be consider a priority issue and updates of progress (other than we are investigating the matter) would be appreciated by many as for a lot of businesses - not being able to access the program mean considerable loss of revenue!!
Photo of Dr Ross Headifen

Dr Ross Headifen

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes we have the black screen issue as well.
Photo of Frank

Frank

Been trying all morning.  Nothing but black screens.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Guys, please try to leave the black screen sitting for a few minutes and see if that logs you in. On occasion the black screen represents a longer time to establish connection.
Photo of Vanessa Loudon

Vanessa Loudon

No luck. Got kicked back out again around 10 minutes ago and now can't log back in!!
No cache to clear, shut down & rebooted - no luck!
Photo of Frank

Frank

Success.  Just got in with no delay.  Hope you all can follow.

Photo of Frank

Frank

Celebrated success too early.  Got kicked out & back to the black screens again.
Photo of Rouli van der Linde

Rouli van der Linde, Accredited Partner

• 60 Points
Cleared my cache & then logged in. I did get the black screen but decided to be a bit more patient & after a minute I got into the data file

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.