r4 upgrade

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
No Upgrade happens when I log into R4?That is, I just sat down to upgrade my company files from R3 to R4.
When I tried to open in R4, as per the upgrade guide, I was expecting an upgrade pop-up to appear and to then go through the file upgrade process. 
Instead, what happened is the file opened just like it did in R3.

What's going on?
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

• 1,090 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

Oh, and it still opens in R3!
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

Well, as it happens...the email and instructions that walked you through the upgrade to the new version don't apply.
So"when I open it in the new version it just opens. Your instructions say we have to do a back up, open in the new version and a pop-upwindow will open in which we have to upgrade the file. That didn't happen, so Im conncerned the process isn't working"
Tech support" oh no, that all happens in the background"
"OK, well, you need to let people know cause I can't be the only one who gets worried when things don't work they way you advertise they will"

He didn't get it.
Photo of Shakir Akhtar

Shakir Akhtar, Alum

• 432 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out to us.

Could be possible that other users might have upgraded the company file and that could be the reason you did not get the prompt to upgrade the company file as per the upgrade guide.

We do get the prompt to upgrade the company file if we open the file for the very first time in the upgraded version of Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Hope this clears things up.

Regrads,
Shakir
Photo of Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 13,102 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response

Hi Michael,

You might be having the issue that regardless of which button (R3 or R4) you click on it opens the same one.

Try clearing your browsing history to see if that helps.

Otherwise the way to know if you are definitely using R4 is to go into the employee centre, double click on an employee, go to the payroll & compensation info area, then click on super details, and if it is asking for other details such as APRA fund, etc. that is a feature of R4, not R3.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

Photo of JC

JC

• 486 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am experiencing this same issue.  Ive cleared my browser history, no change.  Still no difference between R3 and R4
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey JC, only difference is the export for SuperStream is available. If you are still opening R3 when you click on R4, go into control panel on the dashboard and close down any existing sessions, this will allow you to open R4.
Photo of JC

JC

• 486 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mirko.  I called Tech Support and they finally resolved the issue for me.  It is showing R4 in the address bar so I have been upgraded.  Just a small query, I had to give tech support my passwords so they could log in to fix the error, is this common practice?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey JC, glad to hear all fixed. It is general practice if the techs need to test things from their end using your log in (as they cannot see passwords). If you wish you may change the password after any support call which requires such testing.