RCTI

Options
Anita Derrington
Anita Derrington Member Posts: 7
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a client that needs to create a Recipient Created TAx Invoice.  They have a quarry and sell fill but also need to pay a freight carrier for carting the fill and so we tell them the quantities.  I've sort of used the purchase order system but my problem arises when one of the freight companies does numerous deliveries for the month and I cant send one invoice for all the freight.  Can anybody suggest anything?  Thanks Anita

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Don't quite understand why you need to create a RCTI. You sell fill and then invoice the client for the fill. As for the Freight carrier, surely he invoices you and you just add it to your invoice for the fill to the client. At worst you are charging freight for the same amount as you are paying for it (ie reimbursement) or you should be making money on it as it is a service.
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Anita

I gather that like a lot of quarries, you sell at a fixed cost plus cartage calculated on tonnage and distance.

I have set up this for a client of mine and have a process that works well.  Invoice to client is set up in such a way to capture the data for each cartage contractor, and at the end of each month they can generate a report and pay the contractors.

This needs a fair bit of setup, and I would need to do this as a paid remote consultation.

If you would like to talk, give me a call and I can take you through what is involved.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Anita Derrington
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Graham  I just came across your response and yes you are totally correct.  Can I call you to chat about this and discuss pricing for me?  Thanks Anita
  • Anita Derrington
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sorry Graham just saw the link and now know the price.  Will email you to book in a time.