Re 'Description' in the Item row in a 'NEW' 'Receive Money' input.

Clive Smith
Clive Smith Member Posts: 4
edited December 2017 in Reckon One
What is the point of 'Description' in the Item row in a 'NEW' 'Receive Money' input in the 'Day to day' dialogue? Where do these 'Details' appear? ie In which report/s?

Comments

• Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited November 2017
    Hi Clive

The source point for the 'description' field you reference is on the item screen.

When you add a new 'item' in Reckon One you can add a buying description and a selling description. These entries then flow on to the 'new' receive money line. If no description has been added, you can choose to add a custom description on this tab.

The description appears on the 'item list' report. The description also appears on any invoice or bill generated with that item added.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards

Jon Martingale
    Reckon One UK 
  • Clive Smith
    Clive Smith Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    Let's say you are in 'Banking'/'Bank Accounts' and have a 'New' credit in an account. You then 'Allocate detailed receipt' where the 'Allocate Receipt' form appears.
    You select 'Contact' etc. (you can enter details/reference here but it relates to the entire receipt)

As the deposit relates to a number of things you use the 'New' tab to input each 'item' or just input the account and amount.
    In those 'rows' there is the option of entering a 'Description'
    Where, in what report, does that description appear?

eg: we have an item 'Membership Single' and we get several cheques deposited at one time. We'd like to generate a list of those members who've paid. Can I create a row for each member (not an individual item) with the item 'Membership Single' and add there name in the 'Description' field and have the name appear somewhere in a list of 'Member Single'?
    Cheers
    Clive
  • Jon_7579451
    Jon_7579451 Alumni Posts: 43
    edited December 2017
    Hi Clive

Thanks for the reply and for sharing additional detail. I understand what it is you are trying to achieve.

As far as I know, what you want to do is not possible based on current Reckon One functionality. However, I will share this post with some colleagues to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

As we improve Reckon One reporting, we will keep this type of customer requirement in mind. I can certainly see how it would help you and other users.

Regards

Jon Martingale
    Reckon One UK