Re-hired employee setup

Tricia_7235702
Tricia_7235702 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have an employee who resigned and was paid out all her entitlements, then re-joined as a casual a month later.  We would like to be able to process two separate payment summaries for her two stints of employment at the end of this financial year.  When she re-joined, we entered her as a re-hire, using her old record.  At the moment, only one payment summary is produced, with her re-hire start date but with all her wages starting from the beginning of the financial year.  How can we split it out and have two payment summaries with two sets of start and finish dates?

Comments

• Judith Nicholls
    Judith Nicholls Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2014
    HI,The correct procedure would to have been to re-start her as a new set-up new employee.  In this way you can generate 2 payment summaries.
    This will be needed especialy if she had a ETP termination payment.
    Judy
  • Tricia_7235702
    edited February 2017
    Hi Judy, thanks - however, I seem to recall in days past that I was unable to set up an employee with the same name, has that changed? Tricia
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Tricia,

No that has not changed.

But if you add the middle initial this will enable to have both as their names are different.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Tricia_7235702
    edited November 2014
    Thanks Sally and Judy - I will take both your advices.
  • Russell_7235985
    Russell_7235985 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trying to rehire employee and get error message.
  • Phil_6945793
    Phil_6945793 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2017

Hi All,

We reinstated an employee in Dec 14. She was terminated in Mar 14. Her current payslip aggregates her financial year 2013 and 2014 gross, tax and super. Have checked her payment summary for 2014 and that is correct. FAQ ID 2566 assumes that the employee is reinstated in same financial year as they were terminated. But to sum across financial years is ludicrous. I have been on to support and they state a re-build of YTD figures might fix this - fail ! How is it that a problem from 2004 has not been fixed?? Any ETA on a fix?

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Phil,

Are you using Reckon Acccounts or Payroll Premier?

Kind regards,

• Phil_6945793
    Phil_6945793 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for replying Sally. I'm using Payroll Premier
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I've shot your post through to our development team to look into Phil. Thanks for the post. ^Mirko.
    edited December 2016

Hi Mirko & Phil,

Yes I can confirm this is definitely an issue as the same has happened to one of my clients.

However as you mentioned, luckily the payment summary is still correct.

Kind regards,