Re-installing Cashbook v8 issues & upgrading to Home & Business 2015

Options
Lorraine McDonald
Lorraine McDonald Member Posts: 5
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have recently installed Quickens Cashbook v8 on to a new computer running Vista & I have re-registered the program. However it will now not load my upgrade disc QW_821_Cashbook.exe? I receive the following message: “A valid version of Quicken Version 8 Cashbook was not found on this system. Installation aborted” Please advise? And will this be an issue if I now wish to upgrade to Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2015?

Comments

• Dharmesh
    Dharmesh Alumni Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi Lorraine,

If you have Purchased Reckon Home & Business 2015 Direct upgrade from Reckon directly then you do not need to installed any of the previous version into your computer and you should be able to installed it without any error message.

But If you have your company file in V8 then you need to upgrade that to Cashbook 2004 first and then you can upgrade to Reckon Home & Business 2015.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

• Lorraine McDonald
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thank you for that, my company file is in V8. I have been unable to find upgrade to Cashbook 2004? could you please advise where this is available?
  • Dharmesh
    Dharmesh Alumni Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi Lorraine,

Cashbook 2004 trial version comes with Reckon Home & Business 2015 version to help out to upgrade the file.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

• Lorraine McDonald
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Dharmesh, I really wish you had told me this earlier!
    I have since downloaded a trial version of Cashbook 2004 & during the installation it un-installed my V8.
    Then when I tried to open the trial Cashbook 2004 version I received the following msg: "not enough memory to continue" & the program closes!
    I un-installed this program & then tried to re-install my V8 but it would no longer read the disc??
    I have also tried to load V8 on my husbands laptop & it is asking for a new registration number?? This has now taken 2 days of lost time & I urgently need to have this program up & running.
    Am not a happy customer!
  • Michael Ung
    Michael Ung Alumni Posts: 27
    edited March 2017
    Options

hi Loraine

It is not necessary for you to reinstall your v8 cashbooks, try reinstalling cashbooks 2004 from the home and business 2015 disc.

please open the disc so you can view the files on the home and business 2015 disc.

then go into CV folder, then into the CBtrial folder, and install the cashbooks 2004 trial.

more information on installing cashbooks 2004 can be found by following the installation and upgrade guide book from the link below.

http://www.reckon.com.au/Documents/Guides/2015_RA_Personal_Installation_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

once you have reinstalled cashbooks 2004 and open it restore you backup copy of your data file, once your data file has been upgraded to the 2004 version, you can then back it up again and install the 2015 version. and restore your data file to the 2015 version.

hope this helps

cheers

Michael

• Lorraine McDonald
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Michael, I have purchased & downloaded the upgrade Home & business 2015 program (the disc is being posted as we speak)
    However I cannot find a CV folder or CBtrial folder in the files?
    The only folders I have are as follows: AnswerWorks, certs, convert03, inet, PDFDrv, Qsapi, RRCT, Snap, Sounds
    please advise

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Lorraine, please have a look at my facebook message to you. ^Mirko :)
  • Lorraine McDonald
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks Mirko, much appreciated, got that. Had some internet issues yesterday but hoping to get to this today :)
  • Ollie Stecher
    Ollie Stecher Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi I have just installed Cash Books V8 Quicken on my new 64bit laptop and it wont let me open saying it needs 32 bit computer 
    Any thing that comes to mind ?
    Ollie