Re Installing Mobile App

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
I have installed the mobile STP App on my Samsung S5 Android phone and successfully used it for 2 pay runs (although the first run resulted in the ATO recording double the amounts I wanted to send).  My problem is that I had to uninstall the app to solve an issue with the phone.  I reinstalled the app and now I cannot sign in.  It won't let me sign up because it says my email is already in use. It won't let me sign in - just keeps cycling back to the sign in/sign up page.  I have tried to uninstall, turn off the phone and re install but it does not fix the problem.
Col
Photo of Colin Sharp

Colin Sharp

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Colin,
The similar cases I've come across are due to the initial app account registration being completed with an incorrect email address, usually just a typo. Then when attempting to sign in again, it won't allow you to register the ABN again because its already done in an account with a slightly different/incorrect email address.

I can check it out though, what's the ABN you've registered to the app AND also, is the email address you've used on the app the same email address registered to this Community account?
Photo of Colin Sharp

Colin Sharp

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Thank you for the prompt response.  My ABN is 63 076 318 740.  I used colinsharp@bigpond.com to register with the Reckon App.  I have since loaded the App onto my tablet and it works and I have my history of pay runs.  I still can't get it to work on my 'phone despite uninstalling and re-installing.  It accepts my email and password, gives a green tick and then recycles to the sign in /sign up page.  used to work until I uninstalled it.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ah ok, thanks Colin. In that case since you've logged in successfully on your tablet its not what I was initially thinking.

On your phone can you please try the following;

- Close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps
- Head into your phone settings; 
Settings > Apps > Reckon STP > Storage > Clear Data (this path may vary depending on your version of Android OS)
- Open the app and login again.

Let me know if you run into the same thing after this or if it allows you through.
Photo of Rod

Rod

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem. No data entry mistakes made in the first place! Deleted earlier version & downloaded current version which was accepted at login with green tick - but no further.  In desperation, I cleared data via settings...again...(had to do same on earlier version to get around yet another problem) but now unable to proceed any further.
This product is ridiculously infuriating to persevere with & I don't have time to trawl through a myriad of other users comments with similar'ish problems.
I have all but given up on reconciling with the ATO at any point!!!!