Reactivating license for Reckon Accounts 2013 bought in Singapore

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
I am writing from Singapore.
I bought a copy of Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 Upgrade (D) SG, which Intuit Quickbooks said will be discontinued on June 30th 2014. They wrote me an email saying that "if you are still using the software you will be unable to apply for additional reactivation codes in any event – new hardware, re-installation, or on the 3 year anniversaries of your software purchase. 
Even if you have upgraded your software since your initial purchase your software will be discontinued if it is Reckon branded software (regardless of year or edition). "

Please advise if Reckon Australia will continue to honour the product that your Singapore customers have bought and provide the necessary reactivation when the need arises. As you can imagine, we are all feeling very cheated and dismayed by the prospect of forced upgrade or software change.

Need urgent advice, please help!!!
Photo of Lucy GirlDog Wong

Lucy GirlDog Wong

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated, angry, cheated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lucy,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

It's all dependent on whether you hold the full license of  Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 SG or if you are on an Annual License.

If you hold the full product, you can certainly keep using your RAP 2013 year on year, and reactivate your license when required. Simply contact us to reactive and you will have no problems. (see: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/quickbook_pro_2007_08_asia_edition_upgrade)

If you would like to upgrade, you would need to speak to Intuit as they have taken over this product. The same goes with annual licenses, which are now handled by Intuit.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Thanks,
Mirko

Lucy GirlDog Wong

Hi Mirko
thanks for your reply. How do I find out whether I hold a full or annual license?

My purchased Reckon Accounts 2013 is for business use, and not the personal plus version. It was a one time payment and I was not told that I would need to pay an annual fee, only that the product need to be re-activated every 3 years or so.
Does that mean I hold the full license to my Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 for business?

I followed your suggested link in your reply and this is what I found on quicken-asia.com regarding re-activation of Reckon Accounts :

"Notice: 
Your copy of Reckon QuickBooks manufactured in Australia will soon be discontinued by the developer for regions outside Australia and New Zealand.
This means you will not be able to re-activate your software due to expiry or change of PC.
Please switch to Intuit QuickBooks Canada Version (Desktop/Online) as soon as possible within the next few months."

So I'm asking again to be doubly sure - will Reckon Australia honour the Reckon Accounts sold in Singapore and provide your Singapore customers the necessary reactivation code when the need arises? Because it would appear that your representative in Singapore (Quicken-asia) is not doing that.

Still very worried...
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Lucy, if you bought the full software outright, then you can definitely can get a re-activation free of charge to re-install the version you purchased. However, should you require an upgrade (at any point) you will need to contact Intuit. Please disregard that notice.

Lucy GirlDog Wong

Hi Mirko
That is good to know. So who do I get the re-activation code from? From your office Reckon Australia? 
Appreciate if you could give me the necessary contact details to obtain re-activation code for my future reference.

Many thanks.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Lucy, just call our head office recepetion on: +61 2 9577 5000, and they will be able to direct your call to customer service. Within Australia the contact number is 1800 RECKON, but I am not sure if that would work from Singapore. Thanks!

Lucy GirlDog Wong

Hi Mirko
Thanks for the confirmation that Reckon Australia will provide the necessary re-activation code to your Singapore customers.  I'll disseminate this info to my fellow users of Reckon Accounts here in Singapore.

Big sigh of relief... :) 

Photo of BYRON BACKYARD

BYRON BACKYARD

• 72 Points
Reckon cancelled my perpetual license. They are crooks.
Photo of Richard Knezevic

Richard Knezevic

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Reckon did the same with my 2014 perpetual license which had an expire date of 2030 , since i reinstall the software on a pc that crashed they would not re-activate the program and offer a 50% discount towards a yearly fee version costing now $500  per year , which they would in time increase their fees  also the new paid version is down to 2 user only from my  from 5 user perpetual version