Reactivation Nightmare!! How do you get a key when no one will answer the phone?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I need a new activation key for my quickbooks but despite having been trying for an hour still can't get one.  I go through to registrations who insist on putting me through to sales who seem to have stopped answering their phone at least 30 mins before it says they are closed.  4 times now we have gone through this process which now leaves me without my software for the weekend and no way to do any work!!! Any help on this ridiculous situation would be much appreciated, not at all impressed with the service or lack of service I should say this has been terrible with the person at registrations deliberately cutting me off at one point by putting me through to a number he knew would only go to answerphone

~ Edited by Moderator, 3:46pm: Removed product details.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Karen

Not sure why you can't get an answer, I am sure they will make comment shortly, as they are still open.

For Activation of a new product it can be done by internet from the program.

If you are meaning it is an old program and the Installation key is over 3 years old, then yes you will have to obtain this from Reckon.

Have you tried emailing them with the information you supplied above.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I'm very sorry to hear of the poor experience you've been through in trying to get this matter resolved today.

A team member will be in touch with you shortly to get this sorted.

I will edit your post to remove your product details however I already passed this on to the team.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi again Karen,
    A further update on this and my apologies, I've had a word with our Customer Service team in the office here and unfortunately they are unable to access/register the NZ product range.

I have emailed the NZ team and asked them to get in contact with you with the utmost urgency as soon as they are back in the office to resolve your activation and discuss the call experience.

My sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience.

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks Rav, you are the only one who has been helpful :) it has been a nightmare and all I want to do is get on with my invoicing!! No one is answering the phones at registrations and sales put their answermaching saying it was out of hours on at 4.30pm.  I have been trying to get some help now for 2 hours I had no idea it was going to be this much of a drama.  Will someone call me tonight I really need to get this stuff done - many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is really annoying is that I have been trying to do this long before they closed but they turned off the phones early leaving their customers stranded and I am guessing that they will not be in contact until Monday so I have a whole weekend of not being able to do the accounts for the end of year :( not the kind of service I expected from QuickBooks very disappointing and enough to make me think more about changing products. Thanks again for trying
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sadly I tried everything, it does need a phone call and the service has been shocking with NZ sales turning off their phones early - time for a change maybe?
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I'll send you an email in the next few minutes.

Rav

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As an update to this I would just like to say a huge thanks to Rav who has got me up and running for the weekend.  Rav has really gone the extra mile and is a credit to Reckon thanks again I really really appreciate all your help and wanted to publicly pass on my gratitude for your great work. Thanks Rav