Read only file access - cannot open file

Kim Leedman
Kim Leedman Member Posts: 2
Hello, please can someone assist? I have converted to Read only access, so I was allowed to download Enterprise R1 and was give a license key. Now when I go to open my file (saved on my hard drive) it says "Reckon Accounts cannot open this file because it was updated to a newer Reckon Accounts maintenance release than the one you are currently using. This file was last used with Release R2, You are currently using Release R1." But when I try to download a newer release, I am asked for a licence key, which of course I don't have. It also suggests I download a maintenance release, which I cannot work out where to find this maintenance release.

Is someone able to make a suggestion please? Thank you.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Use the same IKC for R2 as you did for R1?  
  • Kim Leedman
    Kim Leedman Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Hi Linda, thanks, I tried that but it did not work.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2020
    can you please be more specific?  what didnt work - in what stage of installing R2 with the IKC did you have a problem - what were any messages you received?  are you installing the R2 patch or a full installation of R2?