Receipting problem - Reckon Accounts Premier accountant edition 2016

Options
Debbie_8918947
Debbie_8918947 Member Posts: 19
A customer paid an invoice in full & i receipted as such, but when I look at the debtor screen, it shows a random amount outstanding still. The balance total is correct however! I tried to delete the payment and redo it, but I still get the same result - anyone any ideas how to fix or why it's doing this?image

Comments

• Lesley Xerri
    Lesley Xerri Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    Do you have any negative line items in the invoice?
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You can open the invoice and then Ctl H to see everything that is applied to the invoice.
    Was there a credit that has been unapplied?
    If you can't find anythng, I would suggest you delete the invoice and then re-enter it again. If you get the same result then maybe check your items are linking to the correct income accounts and not another random place.

• Debbie_8918947
    edited January 2017
    Options
    yes there are.  I'll re check everything.  There are multiple lines on the invoice & 2 payments for the one invoice also
  • Lesley Xerri
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Do the negative line items have NCG, NCF, CAG, CAF etc taxcodes? - If so, there's your problem.  
  • Debbie_8918947
    edited January 2017
    Options
    can you not have negative amounts with a tax code?
  • Debbie_8918947
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Actually I only have GST or FRE as the codes
  • DebonAir
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yes you can have negatives with these tax codes, they would become credits if used on the invoice in the negative.
  • Lesley Xerri
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Definitely can't use expense codes in invoices - causes all sorts of problems.  Could I suggest that you try deleting the payment and the invoice, recreate the invoice with only positive items on the invoice, create an adjustment note for the negative lines, apply the credit and receive the payment.   This is best practice in case of random corruptions. 
  • DebonAir
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You can use GST and FRE as negatives on an invoice.
    You cannot use NCG, NCF etc on an invoice.

• Debbie_8918947
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My invoices only use GST or FRE - I think I'll have to do as suggested & delete the payment & the invoice and try again.  Bit annoying, but hopefully that will fix it.
    Thank you & I'll let you know how I go
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You can also do a Ctrl H on the payment to identify what invoice the payment has been allocated to. It may well be they short paid an earlier invoice, is your system setup to allocate payment automatically?