Receiving Payment on an Invoice after Lock Off Date

NikR
NikR Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
Hi All,

I've tried searching but wasn't able to find a related topic so my apologies if this has been dealt with previously.

After processing year end for a client we have locked off the accounts at 30 June 2016 so that no further changes to the final accounts can be made.

The client has informed me that they have tried to receive payment on 31 January 2017 for an invoice that was created 14 March 2016 but Reckon One would not allow this as it was trying to 'change' a transaction before the lock off date.

I've temporarily unlocked the accounts for the client so they can reconcile this transaction, but am at a loss as to why this would be an error because it should not be affecting pre-lock off date figures.

Other relevant information:

The client does not use bank feeds and instead uses the "receive payment" functionality on the invoice.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Nik

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    06/02/17

Hi Nik,

Does the message refer to a bank account lock of date of a book lock off date?

Bank account lock off message example: 
    This bank account has been locked off until 6 February 2017. Transactions can't be added, edited or deleted unless the lock off date is changed.

Book lock off message example:

This book has been locked off until 6 February 2017. Transactions can't be added, edited or deleted unless the lock off date is changed.

The bank account lock off date setting can be accessed by editing the applicable bank account via the bank accounts page.

A book lock off date can be accessed by the business settings page (Click the cog icon top right of the page > Settings > Business settings).  

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'd have a look at the audit trail I think you'll find they have modified a transaction rather than creating a new one?? Just saying, check the opening balance at bank?