RECKON 1 Bank Feed completed today but bank deposits cleared a week ago are not showing up

Michael Done
Michael Done Member Posts: 14
edited April 2018 in Reckon One
RECKON ONE Bank Feed module says it ran today and completed successfully.  But transactions, in particular deposits, from a week ago are not showing up in the "Transactions from Bank".  One of these transactions, an over-the-counter cash deposit (which is cleared instantly) was made 7 days ago but is still not showing in the feed. If the feed ran today, how can it possibly miss transactions that have been cleared at the bank's end for a week?

I unlinked the bank account then re-linked it in the hope it might 'kick start' the feed process but no new transactions came across. This is really inconvenient as I have customers asking me for receipts (I actually send them the zeroed-out invoices as soon as payment is received ) but I can't do it as their invoice is still unpaid as far as R1 is concerned until their deposit shows up in the feed. 

Any insight into the problem and possible solution will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi Michael,
    Thanks for raising this, I'm running this past our BankData team to check out and I'll come back to you shortly with an update.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi again Michael,
    The BankData team have gone ahead and refreshed your account, can you please give it a couple of hours and see how you get on.

Let us know if there are any further issues with it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Miranda Narducci
    Miranda Narducci Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2018
    How far back is your bank data set to go? If it’s only retrieving past 5 Days etc and you didn’t log in for over a week could be the problem? Can you just manually import the days missing ?
  • Michael Done
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Rav. It's now about 3 hours later. Transactions for yesterday are now showing up but the ones for the previous 7 days are not.  However, these details appear at top of the "Transactions from Bank" screen ...

Upload source - Bank feed: CUA (Australia) - Banking
    Date - 12 Apr 2018
    Completed - NO

Does  "Completed - NO" mean it's only partly completely or does it mean it failed to complete?

• Michael Done
    edited April 2018
    Miranda ... I'm not aware of a setting that allows me to limit "how far back" my bank data goes.  Where would I set it if I wanted to?  As it turns out, I have been logging on every day for the last 5 days checking for the transactions from 7 days ago.  So unless it's somehow set to only bring in only transactions for two previous days, this doesn't appear to be the explanation. Any further thoughts or info on this would be much appreciated.
  • Miranda Narducci
    Miranda Narducci Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2018
    Hi Michael - there is definitely a retrieve data going back x days setting. Can’t remember if in banking settings ? Or general book settings ? Other issue is if leaving transactions unprocessed the next retrieval can wipe them. This is certainly the case with manual uploads. If you haven’t allocated transactions and flicked them over the reconciled screen next upload will wipe all unallocated transactions ...I’d reconcile up to xx/xx and then do a manual export up until yesterday, import to Reckon, allocate ALL then let Reckon catch up.
  • Michael Done
    edited April 2018
    Rav ... 24 hours on and no change. Very frustrating!!!! The "Transactions from Bank" screen is still saying "12 April, Completed: NO" and no deposits from the last week have come across in the feed.

I very much appreciate your prompt responsiveness to my initial post, but this problem is becoming a real deal-breaker for me. If Reckon One can't provide me with a thoroughly reliable, timely and accurate bank feed, then it's useless to me.  Manual workarounds and/or a week of waiting for data are simply not realistic business options.

If this can't be fully resolved at Reckon One's end, then I'll have no choice but to go to another accounting package. I've already started looking at alternatives as the current predicament has seriously eroded my confidence.
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    Hi Michael,
    It looks like the technicians failed to sufficiently reset your lookback range when they were initially investigating this on Friday.

This has now been actioned, and can you please check and confirm if everything is up to date for you.

• Rav
    edited April 2018
    You can view or change the lookback range manually if you wish,

The path is Settings > General > Book Settings > 'BankData Retrieved Last' field.

• Michael Done
    edited April 2018
    Rav ... Good news! The feed is now working and has retrieved all transactions. Thank you for your help with this.  I'm hoping the feed will be stable and reliable from now on. So far so good! :-)

PS: Just FYI my 'BankData Retrieved Last' field is set to 60 days.

• Michael Done
    edited April 2018
    BANK FEEDS HAVE STOPPED!  Hmmm ... Maybe I was too optimistic.  There has not been another bank feed requested since 16-Apr, four working days ago.  How often are bank feeds supposed to happen????  I would have hoped every business day.  
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    Hi Michael,
    The BankData team have worked some of their magic on this but are just waiting for the system to update to reflect it. Its just taking a bit longer than we like so apologies for that, it should show later this afternoon.

• Rav
    edited April 2018
    Should be good now Michael. Can you please confirm for us?

• Michael Done
    edited April 2018
    Hello Rav. Yes, the latest feed date is showing as 19-Apr (Completed: YES) and all expected transactions from the bank are now showing.  Thank you very much for your prompt attention.