Reckon 2013 installation error 2753

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Trying to install Reckon Accountant 2013 - get to the ReckonAccounts Installation Complete, click finish and get an error box:  ReckonAccounts Installation Information - Internal Error 2753, qbserverutilitymgr.exe

Any ideas on what this is or how to fix??

Thanks!
Photo of Vicki Gardiner

Vicki Gardiner

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • confused!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vicki,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

This is an error that might arise if you install a version of Reckon Accounts that is older than the existing installed version.  Its a benign message.  Just click OK to complete the installation process.  Your Reckon Accounts will function normally.  

regards,
John
Photo of Vicki Gardiner

Vicki Gardiner

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi John - yes I do have other versions installed.  I did ignore it however the program does not run, i get various error message (about 12-15 of them) when trying to start the program.  I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it just in case but no luck.  I have spoken to tech support about this but no resolution.  As background I had Reckon 2013 R2 installed and needed Reckon 2013 R1 to work on one of my clients files - I tried uninstalling R2 but that would work and Tech Support gave me advice on deleting some Registry items to overcome that issue but that appears to have made an almighty mess!  Any suggestions?
Photo of Alex Tan

Alex Tan, Alum

• 2,146 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vicki,

Is your Reckon Accounts 2013 still installed?
If yes, you can attempt a "Repair" just before uninstalling the software package from your PC - it will have an option to Repair it. If you decide to Repair it, that will remove your R2 and bring the software back to R1. It will also try to repair the software if anything is wrong with it.

Note: please disable your antivirus when doing a repair then turn it back on afterwards.

If for any reason you cannot go ahead with the above instructions then you can try these set of instructions:

To rectify your reinstallation issue you can try the following:
Please try to do a clean uninstall of the 2013 software
http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=331

Before reinstalling try it in the built in administrator of your PC
http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3623

Disable your antivirus then install Reckon Accounts 2013 again.

Let me know what works out for you as feedback really helps the community!

Kind regards,
Alex

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.