reckon 2013 is there an update patch to work with office 2016 as yet?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Office 2016 and Reckon 2013 not working for emailing invoices. Is there an update to resolve this as yet? I have a new computer running latest office suite with emailing through office 365 and my reckon 2013 product is unable to send invoices. 
Photo of Amanda Lonergan

Amanda Lonergan

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amanda, Yes there is a update to make it work. Its called buying Reckon Accounts 2016 that was released this month. This version brings in support for Office 2016 and Windows 10.

Sadly its a $$$$$ upgrade, nothing free from Reckon! Even those RA2015 users who brought last year, have to buy again to make it work!
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately the technology behind emailing in the 2013 version is not compatible with the Outlook 2016/365.  That technology has now been upgraded a couple of times, so the workarounds that help many users work their older versions on newer technology will not be as effective here.  You can try those workarounds here.

It also depends on your operating system.  Member Steve Cook has provided valuable notes for the 2015 version on Windows 8.1 here which may apply to your situation.

Ultimately, its only an upgrade to the version that is configured for the technology you are using that will ensure a smooth emailing functionality.

regards,
John.  
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Andrew,

2015 version purchasers don't miss out on the 2016 version.  With their purchase they got free Advantage membership for a year which entitles them to upgrades issued during that year of membership.  

Annual License purchasers get access to the new version when it is released.

regards,
John
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

True they might get it for free, but I guess my point was more they had to wait for RA2016 to be released to get a 'patch' to make Reckon Accounts work with Office 2016.

So maybe 'buy' wasn't the right world, I should have said upgrade.

But don't annual licences users have to buy the product every year to keep it working? So in a round about way, they are buying the upgrade?.
Photo of David Smith

David Smith

• 70 Points
John,

I purchased Reckon Accounts Plus 2015 in Feb 16. So what you are saying I can download RAP2016 for free? It will pick up my details automatically etc.?

Thanks

David
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Maybe, maybe not. Log in to the members area and see what is listed in the downloads section. That date you brought it might have been slightly too early for a upgrade
(Edited)
Photo of Amanda Lonergan

Amanda Lonergan

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thanks everyone