Reckon 2015 still asks to uninstall old versions even though they've been deleted

I only had an old version of Quicken 2002 installed. Have followed uninstall instructions found elsewhere to remove but Reckon 2015 installer still says there is old versions around??  Instructions on how else to deal with problem lacking.

Pretty crappy installer IMHO - should be smarter in dealling with this issue and provider proper guidance.  Was looking to buy Reckon 2015 but if this rubbish can't be fixed, will move to a different product and take my money elsewhere.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    I got the software to install by finding the issetup.exe buried in the temp directory.  It still tried to update the old installation.. Reckon seems to be running now..  not ideal documentation or installation process.  How hard is it to code - do you want to upgrade or do a fresh install?  After all, isn't the intent of trial versions of software so you can try them out and delete them if you don't want it?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Cheers for that info Geoff, I'll pass your feedback onto our Tech team and Product Managment. ^Mirko