reckon 2016 window 10 update issues unable to open quickbooks

MaryAnn_9381690
MaryAnn_9381690 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello. Have been using QB for about 16 years, my computer just did a windows 10 update yesterday and today I am unable to open quick books.  I have restored my computer to the day before so I can at least access QB, however, need to work out how to fix or work what in the windows 10 update is upsetting it . Your help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    Maybe you got a corrupted down load? I did my update when W10 was a free change up from W7 and it went OK - for the first time ever I did not have an email problem that I have had every year for the past 10, when renewing my licence. Every year I have spent countless hours trying to get Reckon to fix the issue, but this year I didn't have to. Maybe try again to download W10 as since you have backups you could always revert if it happened a second time.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community, MaryAnn.

Some key directory paths in pre-Windows10 are a little different to Windows10, so once a PC with a Reckon Accounts installation is upgraded, Reckon Accounts will not function properly as it cannot find the correct paths.  Uninstalling and re-installing on the upgraded Windows10 will result in a properly functioning Reckon Accounts 2016.

regards,
    John

• MaryAnn_9381690
    MaryAnn_9381690 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Thanks everyone, after the restore I went in and did the windows 10 update again and seems to be ok now. So will watch that space. Thanks for the tips, have a plan of attack if it happens again. Have a great day!