reckon 2016 wont open since windows update

Options
Jellybean
Jellybean Member Posts: 10
edited November 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I turned on my laptop running windows 10 and it installed some updates.  Since then I cannot open my reckon accounts program.  Help

Comments

• Jellybean
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Up until last week I was successfully using 2014. But the update killed it, so I upgraded it with 2016 disc. And problem not solved. It opens but 8 get to an error that says about a memorised report being old and as soon as I close that error the whole program vanishes from view. Seriously considering a 2019, but I want a disc and I don’t want to pay for an annual subscription, or do you pa6 tha5 once and keep using it until it dies?
  • Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Kevin you are incorrect. Windows 10 first official release was 29-July-2015. Reckon 2016 was the first "patch" for Win10 compatibility. Your comment about home versions is correct. Reckon desktop products are much better on Windows Professional.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Jellybean,
    Can you put up a screenshot of the exact error message you're receiving in relation to memorised reports.

Also, does the error appear on launch of the program itself or when opening the company file?

Can you give us some more information in regard to the specific Windows update that was installed as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jellybean
    edited November 2019
    Options

• Jellybean
    edited November 2019
    Options
    This is the error. Normally I click and it goes away and I get down to work. But now as soon as I click ok the whole program is shut in 2 seconds. 
  • Jellybean
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I’m currently running windows 10 home.  I don’t know the specifics of the update.  I turn on the laptop and it says installing updates. 
    Also, as I don’t select a company it opens automatically, this error comes up after its opened.