Reckon 2017 R2 freezing when emailing & Custom Email Setting

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi all

Recently upgraded to Reckon 2017 R2 and have had nothing but problems with emailing using Outlook 2016. Either its the same old dreaded MAPI 921 error or just plain old freezing of the entire Reckon app requiring a ctrl+alt+del to end task.
As of late, each time an invoice or statement is sent with Outlook closed Reckon 2017 will hard freeze requiring a end task.

We have found that sometimes if Outlook is closed then it will work fine for periods of time however users are not remembering to open Outlook at the end of the day therefore email statements sit in the Outbox for days if they take leave etc.

I am starting to explore the Custom Email Setting to use straight SMTP but cannot get it to work. Can someone provide some advise on this setting?
Currently I have set this on a per user basis and done the following (omitted some detail):

Email provider: Other
Email ID: user@company.com
Server Name: company-com-au.mail.protection.outlook.com
Port: 25

Now I have added our static IP to a relay filter and tested email is working successfully and port 25 outbound is working fine. When trying to email out forms or statements, invoices etc they show up and it lets me change FROM / TO address however when I send the email it prompts up with a box asking for password. I have tried no password (blank), login password for Windows, email password, to no luck. Even if I enter the matching email password that I know works for the account, it comes back with a Reckon error of:

Either your email address or Password is incorrect. If your email address is incorrect please edit it in your Send Form Preferences.

We have also tried setting the Server Name to the ISP relay server for anonymous relay, however it always results back in prompting for a password box. What password is it asking for?

For an accounting package you would expect this be resolved by now as emailing is a core process of payslips, invoices, etc. Have had nothing but issues since 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

If anyone from Reckon can provide some solid advise or solution that would be much appreciated. Calling Reckon support via phone causes nothing but headaches either.

Cheers

Comments

• Phil Dodds
    Phil Dodds Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2017
    I too have had a lot of trouble emailing and have had a bit of a result by changing the email setting in Outlook to plain text rather than HTML or rich.
    I still have a problem sending any volume of mail.
    If I send 6 emails at a time they will go through ok but any more  get error messages and bounced emails.
    I am on NBN but can't send as many emails as I could when on ADSL and older versions of Reckon and Outlook
  • Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited August 2017
    Hi Empau, 
    The wrong username/password remind of an issue with Gmail setup. 
    If you are trying to use Gmail.  please see info below for fix. 
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5379

Cheers 
    Jay Jay 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    Hi Jay Jay
    That doesn't make sense - we are trying to use a Custom SMTP server and using the Office 365 SMTP relay for the customer. There is no authentication username or password for the service as the IP is allowed to relay out.
    In fact if you read the above post, I have tried the users mailbox and password that matches their Office 365 mailbox login, but it keeps failing with the wrong password.
    Can a update be pushed out to stop it asking for username or password or is there a setting I'm missing?
    Thanks
  • Anton Strauss
    Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2017
    I am also using my own smtp server and can assure you that it fails if you add anything in front of the server domain

Server Name: company-com-au.mail.protection.outlook.com should be

Server Name: protection.outlook.com or if that fails

Server Name: outlook.com

your email address will take care of the rest