Reckon 2020 Upgrade Problem

Jeff White
Jeff White Member Posts: 3
I recently upgraded from Reckon Personal Plus 2019 to 2020. I backed-up the R19 file first and then restored it in R20. When I did that I lost of all of the history of my listed and unlisted share prices - 15 years of!! Any ideas on how I locate the file and reattach it?

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited November 2019
    How did you backup before you upgraded.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Gary Corcoran_10333840
    Gary Corcoran_10333840 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2019
    Jeff, same thing happened to me when i upgraded from 2018 to 2019 last year, but all good when upgrading from 2019 to 2020. But like you I had backed up before upgrading each time but was not able to recover all my share history prices for the previous 16 years
  • Michael Sandner
    Michael Sandner Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2019
    Just a warning to everyone  that the included backup routine is flaky and you are best to do a  manual  backup  by  copying the  4 relevant files manually.
    There is  a link  somewhere on this  site  to how to do this.
     another thought is  if  you have  a  backup program  like  dropbox  or  Qsync it may  cause issues on attempting  to reopen the  file if it is  syncing , just as it  did  for me just now
  • Jeff White
    edited November 2019
    Using the File -> Backup tab
  • Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Jeff
    According to my files you should have 6. HCX, IDX, QDF, QEL, QIN AND QPH=Price History. The Ctrl B (Tab backup) has always worked for me and should give you the above 6 files with the rkn extension, which, if you change to zip will unzip normally. If you are lucky! do you have a RESTORE POINT before you upgraded to R20? - if so you might be able to start again.
    Regards
  • GillianCreamer
    GillianCreamer Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2020
    Hi Jeff,
    Assuming you have it running okay now, could you please tell me if there are any differences (upgrades) that you have noticed between 2019 and 2020 version?
    Kind regards
    Gillian
  • Jeff White
    edited November 2019
    Gillian. Haven't had time to try to solve the problem yet but so far cannot see any difference between 2020 and 2019 - or for that matter 2018, 2017, etc. I can't recall any major changes for years.
  • GillianCreamer
    GillianCreamer Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2019
    Sooo agree.  Only changes seem to be the price constantly going up (usually more than CPI), extra glitches and probably the tax tables (which I don't use anyway).  I feel your pain.
  • Gary Corcoran_10333840
    Gary Corcoran_10333840 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2019
    I agree, Reckon are milking the users zero cost all profit, its about time reckon come clean.....what is the true value they are providing for the annual licence fee and now I no longer own my own data!

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited November 2019
    You will always own your own data just you may not be able to read it, for me the cost is acceptable and inline with all software suppliers nowadays.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com