Reckon A/Cs Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale Edition 2016

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago

On going into Online Banking Centre today and ticking those to pay, I then Previewed the payment but the details that came up were those of another payment made last week. 

I then tried to create the .aba file and eventually received the message "auregfind Query Failed".  The payments selected disappeared as if normally created.

I have no idea what this means, can anyone help please?

Photo of Carol

Carol

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Carol,

Have a look at this http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5523 which will help fix the problem.

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Carol

Carol

Sorry Shane but no luck unfortunately.

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2016 and then Properties\Security reveals 2 users:  System and Everyone.  Both have full control.

Workaround via Windwos Explorer gives the same although there are 3 users:  System, Administrators (Main\Administrators) and Users (Main\Users) and all have full control.

In Reckon itself 3 users have full ccess.

Do you think this will right itself on upgrading to 2017???

Photo of Carol

Carol

Also Modify is ticked throughout also.

Photo of Carol

Carol

Also Modify is ticked throughout also.

Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Carol,

Sorry it seem that KB has incorrect information.  Its actually the Reckon folder not the Intuit one you need to do the permissions on.  So give Everyone full control to  C:\ProgramData\Reckon\Reckon Accounts 2016\  (or 2017 depending on what version you use).  Or even better you can set the permissions on the Reckon folder so it will  flow down to all future versions you install.

An alternative is to run the program as Administrator:
1.  Right-click your Accounts Business launch icon2.  Select Properties > Compatibility
3.  Tick the box: Run this program as an Administrator
4.  Click OK to save.

So sorry for the mix up but this one should do the trick.  And I will have the KB fixed up to have correct info.

let me know how you go.  :)

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Carol

Carol

So sorry for the long delay.  I have actually been off sick all this time!  Finally got to this today and your alternative 1.2.3.4 worked.  I am over the moon.

I really did want this fixed before I upgraded to 2017 and the new tax tables and now I have my wish.  Thank you.