Reckon Accounts 2013

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
reckon accounts 2013 and parallels desktop 11

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Current Support FAQ List.
Photo of sue Pommey

sue Pommey

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,250 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Good morning Sue,
I've split your post off from the thread it was originally posted in and created a new topic.

Do you have a query around reactivation of your product or something else?

Let us know some details :)

Cheers
Rav
Photo of sue Pommey

sue Pommey

I am using reckon 2013 I am running windows 7 on my mac using Parallels desktop 7 as a virtual machine. Currently on Lion on my mac but I want to upgrade to El Capitain. I need to find out if 1) reckon accounts 2013 will still work 2) it will still work if I also upgrade Parallels to 11, thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,250 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for clarifying Sue,

As far as I'm aware Reckon Accounts will continue to function provided that it's within a Windows environment.

We don't test the program on virtual machines however there are numerous users successfully operating Reckon Accounts with Parallels VM.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of sue Pommey

sue Pommey

Thanks for the info, I am wanting to upgrade my Operating system from lion to El Catain, I believe that I will need to upgrade my virtual machine Paralells to desktop 11 for it to work on the new operating system. My concern is if I do this will reckon accounts still work this the updated virtual machine. I understand that you may not be able to answer this as you don't test the programs on vital machines. Thanks for any further info you can provide. Sue
Yes, Sue a tricky question when seeking information about a platform that is not supported, purely from the point of view of the target market audience and so forth.  

There are numerous Google Search results from "parallels versus desktop 11 and reckon accounts"  that indicate some testing is in fact needed.     I to can't specifically help you with MAC related questions like this but would urge other forum readers who may have taken this "El Capitan" upgrade route with success,  to put forward any positive feedback about this  to help you, Sue,  not be a robinson crusoe  on this point.

Perhaps place your question at:  http://kb.parallels.com/en/119310
But be sure to mention you want to run the Australian RECKON version of that product in question , to avoid confusion about the name and Intuit versions of that same year.

Also troll through:  http://www.parallels.com/uk/landingpage/pd/windows-on-mac/

But hopefully someone with your exact target outcome will admit their success or situation with:

"El Capitan"  on MAC
"Desktop 11"  (in lieu of Parallels)
"Windows 10 virtualised environment"
"Reckon Accounts 2013"
combination

Gary
Photo of sue Pommey

sue Pommey

Thanks for your input Gary, Just to give feedback as well as upgrading to El Capitan I want to upgrade from Paralells Desktop 7 to Paralells Desktop 11, not change my vital machine, Thanks for your help Sue