Reckon Accounts 2013 Australian Edition - One step update not downloading latest price

John Gunner
John Gunner Member Posts: 1
I have been using Reckon since Jan 2011 and found the Onestep Update for my ASX listed securities particularly useful. I used to schedule the updates every Mon to Fri

When I purchased a new laptop running Windows 8.1 I found that the schedule updates no longer ran but that I could retrieve the updated price by manually updating all securities in one step

Since 28 Aug 14 the Onestep Update does not work at all and I have to update each price manually using the Price History tool, a tiresome and tedious process.  My computer has all recent Windows Updates and I have not changed any Reckon settings. Other than a number of recent definition updates for Windows Defender I note that the last automatic Windows Update was at 07:00hrs on 28 Aug 14, being Security Update to Windows 8.1 x64-based system (KB2993651)

I would be grateful if you will advise me if whether there is a fix for this problem

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey John, the share price download was to cease on PP2013 from 01.08.2014 due to the URL being handed over to Intuit Inc. a US company. The downloads continued to a few weeks until Intuit themselves shut the URL down. Further info can be found in this announcement: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/stock_price_download_no_longer_active_as_of_1_august

To get the downloads to work again, it would require upgrading to 2015 version.
  • Leon_6849533
    Leon_6849533 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2018

I've only just found out about the issue (I've been struggling to understand why the downloads suddenly didn't work) - no email from Reckon though!

Really poor customer relations.

So if the solution is to upgrade to Accounts 2015 how do you do that ?

the estore doesn't have the option.

My licence is until April 2015.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Leon, emails should have been sent to all customers. If you give customer service a call they will be able to look into the upgrade for you, and apply a discount relating to when your license was due to expire. Give them a call on 1800 RECKON and they will be able to sort everything out for you. I apologise for your experience and the fact that the email did not reach you. ^Mirko
  • Suzanne Harvey
    Suzanne Harvey Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2015

they TOTALLY FAILED to send out emails, even though they say they did.  as from the complaints you can tell they didn't they are just trying to make an excuse.

all you need to do is email reckon and tell them your downloads are not working and ask for the link to 2015 and the access code/key that you need when installing it.

I did this last week and haven't had a problem since installing the new version.

make sure you do a back up before you install the new version.  I had several copies in different directories...

it will also ask you to uninstall all old versions before it will install the new version.

I also exported everything to Excel for just in case it failed.