Reckon Accounts 2013 error 'The current user does not have privileges to open this data file

Bronwyn Burrell
Bronwyn Burrell Member Posts: 3
I am the only user on this computer and am therefore the Administrator.  This problem only occurred yesterday, and I installed windows updates the night before.  

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Hello Bronwyn,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Please try running RAP as Administrator.
    Right Click your desktop icon for RAP and select Properties > Compatibility tab, and in the Application section, tick the box Run this program as an administator.

Does your programme open now?

regards,
    John

• Bronwyn Burrell
    edited July 2018
    Tried this but still says I don't have the privileges necessary
  • Bronwyn Burrell
    edited July 2018
    I would also like to add that when I first try to start this program a box appears asking "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device. Qw.exe. Publisher unknown. File origin Hard drive on this computer. Yes/No
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Bronwyn,

Sounds like that after the Windows Update there are more stringent rules before the operating system will go ahead and launch the programme, and the 2013 version is not meeting the requirement, so Windows is asking for your confirmation to continue.  Answer Yes.

The permission issue may be due to antivirus/firewall rules.  Turn off the firewall and antivirus (or any other security systems you have) - and you may want to disconnect from the internet to stay  safe - and does it open?  if so, make RAP exception to your antivirus/firewall systems.  

regards,
    john.