reckon accounts 2013 program fiiles damaged after install message?

Max S
Max S Member Posts: 9
Hi all

Just acquired a new yoga 920 windows 10  and am transferring systems. 

I use both reckon accounts plus 2015 for business which installed fine. 

I have accounts personal plus 2013 for personal expenses which I have been trying to install with problems. 

First the install would not work but then (on advice form an old response on this site) ran setup from HAB and that worked ok.  

However when I try to run accounts personal plus 2013, I get the message "ÿour program files [not your data] may have been damaged. You need to reinstall the program". 

I tried several time to reinstall without success.    In the interim I reinstalled on my old machine (also windows 10) without drama.  

Any thoughts?  Could it be the fact that I have accounts plus installed first.   

regards

Max

Comments

• Max S
    edited April 2020
    Kevin

Not sure why this would be the problems since it has run on windows 10 on my previous machine.   However I have now tried windows 10 capability program and that does not solve the problem.

regards
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon community Max,

First, get yourself a separate uninstaller programme (I use Revo Uninstaller as it is free) and uninstall your RAP2013.  Take the options to clean up the registry and other folders.

To reinstall, go to \HAB\Disk1 and right click the file ISetup.exe and right-click it and choose Run As Admin.  

Do you get a better result?

regards,
    John
  • Max S
    edited April 2020
    John

Thanks for the suggestion but no luck   I used Revo on accounts personal plus 2013 and got the same result.   I then removed reckon accounts plus 2015 for business in case it was causing the  problems for app2013 and then reinstalled app2013.  no luck.

regards
  • Max S
    edited April 2020
    Kevin

Sorry I did not make this clear in my original post.  I am already running personal plus 2013 on windows 10 in my current machine.  I am trying to load it on a newer machine with the same OS.

regards