Reckon Accounts 2014 firewall issues

Wes_7081775
Wes_7081775 Member Posts: 8
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon Accounts refuses to work through windows firewall even when openeing port 10177 inbound and outbound. works with the firewall off but not on. anyone know the right configuration for the windows firewall in windows 7?

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020

Hi Wes, there is also a list of allowed executables so first try http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=220

Regards,

Jason

• Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    Already tried that Jason . Do we need udp as well as tcp?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    Not normally Wes, but I always do both.
  • Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    Just a heads up, the help file on firewalls is incorrect in 2014
  • Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    And still no luck, so obviously the above instructions are incorrect and aren't designed for w7 firewalls.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    Hi Wes,

If that were the case we would have thousands of Win 7 network users with issues, so there must be a little more to it.

Can you advise the error code or error message you are receiving and we'll look at it in a little more detail?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
  • Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    Simply a case of works when firewall is down , doesn't when it's up. Says it can contact the server but doesn't want to work. And currently I have several instances of this on different companies computers . All work with the firewall,down but not up. All other programs and processes work and qb worked before the upgrade. As soon as I get back to one I'll post the error complete
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    This may seem as obvious as "Is it plugged in", but here we go...
    • Have you set up the exceptions to the firewall on the computer that the datafile is on (not the workstation)
    • Recheck the program exceptions, they may be set up for RA2013 but not RA2014
    • Check that this computer is the one actually doing the hosting.  I have seen a setup where the datafile is on machine A but the hosting is being done by machine B
    • check that services QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDB23 (and any other QuickBooksDBxx) are stopped and have startup disabled
    Good Luck!

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    1,2,3 allready done and rechecked. 4 ? What would be the reason? Works with firewall down and not with firewall up, obviously a port or protocol not put up , or a program not listed. And with the amount of chatter on different sites about this issue , it isn't isolated.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020

Hi Wes, I can assure you that it is the correct list and the correct port.

Were you able to get the exact error message for us as that would really help narrow this down. Please provide this when you can.

Thanks,
    Jason

• Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    Yeah mate, going in Monday and I'll get it and post .asap
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018

Hi Wes

Thank you for contacting Reckon Community.

I agree with the above suggestions given By Jason and Graham. In addition to this I would like to ask you to check for few more details as below.
    1. Can you please check the folder, where your data file is located, has the full control permission for all user Specifically the user ID you are logged on as and QBDataServiceUser23.
    2. Also please go to the task manager, Services and make sure the QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDB23 are Not Stopped and are running.
    3. Can you try copy the data file to new Folder location and scan with the Reckon Accounts Database Server manager, and see if you can access the file?

Further to this, if the issue persits, please provide more details on below?

1. What is the Windows Operating system on Both the Client machine and the Server machine? (is it Windows 7 Home Premium or Pro or Ultimate)
    2. What version of Reckon Accounts are  you using?
    3. Have you installed the Reckon Accounts Database Server Manager, where the data file is located? And Have you scanned the file in it? http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4434 
    4. Can you Open file on the server standalone?
    5. Can you open the file on client PC standalone?

Please let me know the update and answer to my above query, if the issue persists.

Regards

Shisir

• Wes_7081775
    edited September 2014
    Shisir, Windows 7 pro Reckon accounts 2014 Yes Yes Yes The answer to all the above is yes while the firewall is down, put the firewall up and you don't get access from the client computers , as per the original question.
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018

Hi Wes

Thank you for the reply.

I believe the issue needs more closer look than it is apparent and one on one intereaction with a technician.

Please call us on 1800 732 566 and press option 7.

Regards

Shisir