refer to the clues at:
by searching down that forum article to where the error 80004005 is mentioned, and change the INI file and try a test again.
An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"
ive tried debugging and than it will only do one email. and than this code comes up until i restart reckon again....
printer not activated error code -30
Reckon Accounts Printer Library~
Could not print to printer.
check your printer selection.
Printing may have been canelled from another program.
Reckon Accounts Internal Error message~
An internal error occurred while preparing your message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 80004005 (16389) at line 1102 in sendemail.cpp)
We have a vast amount of users who are getting this problem with Reckon Accounts and Outlook 2016. This is actually due to a compatibility issue where our 2015 software did not have the chance to test Outlook 2016. To give you a general timeline of the softwares being released; Reckon Accounts 2015 was released in April 2015 and Outlook 2016 was released roughly 3 months ago (Sep/Oct).
As you can see our developers were not provided with the chance of getting our software compatible and as a result there are a few workarounds being passed around in our call centre.
- You can PDF your document and attach it to your email manually. If you are running a lower version than premier you may need to download a 3rd party PDF (virtual printer) that saves to PDF when you print to it.
- You can revert back to Outlook 2013 temporarily (Microsoft will allow this but you will need to ask them about it)
- Close Reckon, reopen Reckon and email out again. Rinse and repeat these steps.
- Until we release Reckon Accounts 2016 we are not officially compatible with Outlook 2016 and only documented on paper to be compatible with Outlook 2013 and below.
- Reckon developers are continually testing to see if there are any solid workarounds to pass around but not that I know of right now.
Hope this helps,
I've been having this problem on Windows 7 & using 2013 Outlook for years.
We pay all this Money to Reckon & they do nothing about it.
Its NEVER their Fault. I just want to be able to use ALL the program that I have PAID for instead of having to do things twice.
Who covers my wages for having to do things the Hard way?????
Just fix the Problems already!!!!!!!
Please read the above that this particular person is using Reckon Accounts 2015 and Outlook 2016. This is a separate problem to the issue that you are experiencing and a fix is already available to your software & PC configuration.
If you'd like to have a look at all the guides available please check here:
You can also search the community for the particular error code that you are getting and follow the appropriate instructions (community won't allow me to copy and paste a search here)