reckon accounts 2015 email than print error

Dylan Goldman
Dylan Goldman Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When fresh strating reckon accounts i can only email one invoice from outlook 2016

Comments

• Dylan Goldman
    edited December 2015
    Comes up with printer error than MAPI error code 80004005 (1689)
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Dylan

refer to the clues at:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/emails-not-sending-out

by searching down that forum article to where the error 80004005 is mentioned, and change the INI file and try a test again.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Dylan Goldman
    edited December 2015
    did not work... i hit the email button to email threw outlook 2016, and this is exactly what comes up.
    ive tried debugging and than it will only do one email. and than this code comes up until i restart reckon again....

printer not activated error code -30

Reckon Accounts Printer Library~
    Could not print to printer.
    check your printer selection.
    Printing may have been canelled from another program.

Reckon Accounts Internal Error message~
     An internal error occurred while preparing your message. It has not been sent.  (MAPI error code 80004005 (16389) at line 1102 in sendemail.cpp)

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Dylan,

We have a vast amount of users who are getting this problem with Reckon Accounts and Outlook 2016. This is actually due to a compatibility issue where our 2015 software did not have the chance to test Outlook 2016. To give you a general timeline of the softwares being released; Reckon Accounts 2015 was released in April 2015 and Outlook 2016 was released roughly 3 months ago (Sep/Oct). 

As you can see our developers were not provided with the chance of getting our software compatible and as a result there are a few workarounds being passed around in our call centre.
    1. You can PDF your document and attach it to your email manually. If you are running a lower version than premier you may need to download a 3rd party PDF (virtual printer) that saves to PDF when you print to it.
    2. You can revert back to Outlook 2013 temporarily (Microsoft will allow this but you will need to ask them about it)
    3. Close Reckon, reopen Reckon and email out again. Rinse and repeat these steps. 
    • Until we release Reckon Accounts 2016 we are not officially compatible with Outlook 2016 and only documented on paper to be compatible with Outlook 2013 and below.
    • Reckon developers are continually testing to see if there are any solid workarounds to pass around but not that I know of right now.
    Hope this helps,
    Alex

• Yoga Jo
    Yoga Jo Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2015
    I am having the same problem - how long till Reckon are ready with updates to rectify this?
  • Sue Jones_7962593
    Sue Jones_7962593 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017

I've been having this problem on Windows 7 & using 2013 Outlook for years.

We pay all this Money to Reckon & they do nothing about it.

Its NEVER their Fault. I just want to be able to use ALL the program that I have PAID for instead of having to do things twice.

Who covers my wages for having to do things the Hard way?????

Just fix the Problems already!!!!!!!

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Sue,

Please read the above that this particular person is using Reckon Accounts 2015 and Outlook 2016. This is a separate problem to the issue that you are experiencing and a fix is already available to your software & PC configuration.

If you'd like to have a look at all the guides available please check here:
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/search.asp?cate=0&search=printer+not+activated&type=3&mode=searc...

You can also search the community for the particular error code that you are getting and follow the appropriate instructions (community won't allow me to copy and paste a search here)

Kind regards,
    Alex
  • Yoga Jo
    edited January 2016
    I feel the same way - I spend enough time on payroll, now I need to increase hours on payroll for a program that used to work fine !!!!
  • Sue Jones_7962593
    Sue Jones_7962593 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Hi Yoga Jo what problem do you have with Payroll?
  • Yoga Jo
    edited January 2016
    Hi Sue - I get error messages when emailing out payslips - it will email one, then several error messages before shutting down. I am really tired of re-starting, and I am wasting a lot of time that I need to be investing elsewhere. I have tried all the suggestions, I live in hope that it is important enough an issue for Reckon to address and remedy.
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Yoga Jo and Sue...

The combination of three things needs to be clear, to help each person.

1)  the operating system  (ie:  Win7  or 8 or 10?)
         and whether 32-bit or 64bit version
    2)  the Reckon product  (ie:  RA2013  or RA 2015?)
    3)  the version of MS Office (ie:  outlook 2013 or 2016?)
    4)  Whether there are legacy copies of old PDF drivers in existence

Dylan...

It will be confusing to be offering help on your two issues at the same time as Alex is trying to resolve this forum topic, which relates to Dylan who we understand is using:

1)  unknown O/S  
    2)  Reckon Accounts 2015  (but not sure what product:  Premier, Plus ???)
    3)  and MS Office 2016.
    4)  unknown PDF driver running

If each person could fill in the missing info, then perhaps three separate discussions could ensue.

Every combination needs careful attention to how it is installed, permissions setup and options to tick, in order to achieve the desired solution.

Gary

• Yoga Jo
    edited January 2016
    Hi Gary; 1) Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit 2) Reckon Accounts Plus 2015 Annual Licence 3) MS Office 16.0.6366.2036 Outlook 2016 4) PDF Nitro Pro 10 ( I have tried the options with this disabled with the same result) I have been searching for a resolution - this seems to be a common problem whichever combination of operating system and version of Reckon.
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Yoga Jo

So it looks like you may be very similar to Dylan, depending on HIS operating system.   But in in Sue's case, where she refers to years ago on WIn7, and I'd have to assume an equally older version of Reckon Accounts,  there are different approaches involved in this seemingly similar topic.

Yoga Jo.  In your specific situation ONLY,  you do mention success sending ONE email.  Have you set the PREFERENCES in RA2015  for:
    ONLINE -->  Company -->  Tick:  if sending more than one email.

Dylan - what operating system are you running with this specific forum topic?

Sue:  what is your latest combination of O/S, Office, RA, PDF?

There are subtle differences to how to achieve a solution, depending on the combinations of above, and that is why I sought the extra info.  SOme relate to the presence of older PDF or Office hangovers,  whilst others relate to dealing with the changes to permissions/compatibility requirements when running newer O/S with older APPS.  And then there are some OPTIONS/PREFERENCES/defaults that need checking, in other combinations.

And yes,  there are some combinations that simply don't work, because of the different generations (years) involved.

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"
  • Yoga Jo
    edited January 2016
    The option says 'Display each email when sending more than one' and it is ticked.
  • Yoga Jo
    edited January 2016
    Solved my problem - I uninstalled outlook 16 and reinstalled outlook 13 - I was going to uninstall Recon Accounts Plus 2015 and reinstall it however it gave me the option to fix the program - emails are sending ok - YAY - Make sure you backup before you repair