Reckon Accounts 2015 installation error 1911

Leroy
Leroy Member Posts: 9
edited August 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi guys,

Running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

Uninstalled Reckon Accounts Premier 2015 R1, downloaded and unzipped Reckon Accounts Premier 2015 R2, run installation and about 2/3 of the way through it stops with errors.
I get 24 error screens. Error 1911 could not register type of library for file '.dll file path'. Contact your support personnel. with options of Abort, Retry and Ignore.

I aborted the install and tried to reinstall Reckon Accounts Premier 2015 R1 just so the users were able to at least have some functionality, but the same errors come up with it. Quick Google, search the 'Windows Installer' component is not agreeing. https://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/downloading--installing--upgrading-and-converting/error-1911...

Tried that and still no joy, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

imageimage

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Leroy, are you running the install as Admin?
  • Leroy
    edited August 2017
    Hi Mirko, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I also have checked the Built in admin mode setting. Also checked UAC, firewall and antivirus.

I have currently on the system Microsoft .NET framework 1.1, 3.5 and 4.5
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Please try to run a uninstaller tool like Revo, there maybe a remnant which prevents writing to the registry. Another important question is, whether you are installing onto a server or a local machine?
  • Leroy
    edited August 2017
    Running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Installed on the Administrator Console as a Administrator user.
    Installed the Setup.exe through Control Panel->Install Application on Remote Desktop Server. (Also tried running the Setup.exe on it's own, also tried running the Setup.exe on it's on with Run as Administrator) with the same results.

We have other Reckon and Quickbooks software installed and working fine on there, with Revo I will try this on a test server as there seems to be alot of registry keys that need to be deleted which I am unsure if it will affect any other Reckon or Quickbooks programs
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Leroy,

Sometimes Reckon Accounts will not install across an Administrator Console session and you just have to be physically in front of the server machine, screen, keyboard and mouse attached.  A bit of a drag, but in 0.1% of Server installs, after all other avenues have been explored, its the only approach that works.  

It will also help if you are logged onto the Server as the Local Administrator and installing from a local drive rather than a network or disc drive.  

Hope this helps getting a successful install.

regards,
    John
  • Gavin Jones_7704268
    Gavin Jones_7704268 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    Has anyone been able to resolve this? we are seeing the same problem trying to install RA2015R2 Enterprise. RA2015R1 Full was installed on the same system not long ago with no issues as were all other past versions of RA. Have tried all solutions above (even the very strange suggestion from John about running the install at the local console rather than via RDP - will try anything - but still no good).
    With all RA installs we have to disable the 'citrix print management' service otherwise the install will fail - but we are getting past that point with this one and getting the same errors as Leroy.
  • Gavin Jones_7704268
    edited April 2016
    Just spoke to Reckon support about this - they are getting more and more reports about this and believe it is being caused by one of the windows OS updates that were deployed in july2015. They say that if you uninstall all July windows updates (because they dont know yet which one causes the problem) then you should be able to get through the install without these errors. Also Reckon report that some of their clients that have reported this issue have been able to 'get past it' by just clicking 'ignore' to these error pop up....some have to click it 25 times others 31 times etc but just keep clicking ignore until the install finishes......even though there were these errors, the install completes fine and Reckon have not found it to actually cause a problem with the operation of the product. I am now going to try this.....i will ignore all the errors and see if the product installs and functions fine afterwards. Will post results here.
  • Gavin Jones_7704268
    edited August 2015
    I had to click the ignore button 30 times....the install then finished successfully and so far testing shows that everything is 'ok'.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Everyone,

A bit more info on the 1911 error.

A major reason for this error is that one or more of the core Microsoft components Reckon Accounts uses are unstable or not functioning correctly.  The Reckon Accounts installation cannot register required .DLL files.  

You can continue with the installation, but take note of the name of each DLL file with the error and click on OK to continue (there may be a few).

When completed, re-register the DLL files on which Reckon Accounts depends.  There is a quick utility in your Reckon Accounts installation directory, so
    1. Ensure Reckon Accounts is closed.  
    2. In Windows Explorer, go to the installation directory (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2015)
    3. Scroll down to the reboot.bat file and double click it to run it
    4. (All DLLs that Reckon Accounts uses will be re-registered)
    5. Launch Reckon Accounts and it should open normally.
    If you still experience problems with errors referring to DLLs, then register each of the problematic DLLs individually from the command prompt.  See the Microsoft guide at How to use the Regsvr32 tool for more details.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Gavin Jones_7704268
    edited August 2015
    Thanks John.
    I have executed that bat file and put both outputs to a txt file so i could see if there were any errors with the registrations......the output shows all files were registered OK.
    So it looks like if you do the install, ignore all these errors, then run this bat to do the registrations outside of the installer then everything will be perfect.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    That's right Gavin.

If you run Reckon Accounts without re-registering the DLLs, then those functions that depend on the DLLs that did not register won't function as intended.  

regards,
    John

• Remax Execs
    Remax Execs Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    Uninstall KB3072630 :)
  • Gavin Jones_7704268
    edited August 2015
    THANKS - tested the uninstall of this update and it also resolves the problem. If you are having this problem - uninstall this update!!!!!!!!!!!