Reckon Accounts 2015 won't launch or activate

Jennie Bucknell
Jennie Bucknell Member Posts: 1
I have installed reckon accounts personal 2015 on my computer and it won't launch. It comes up with a message that Reckon Accounts Launcher stopped working and windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available. I have windows 8. Once or twice it has launched and then doesn't activate online.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Jennie, are you still having troubles? If so have you tried to uninstall RAP 2015 and reinstall as admin? Cheers, Mirko
  • Bryan Tisher
    Bryan Tisher Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Dear Reckon,

I have encountered the same issue. I have recently downloaded Reckon Accounts Home and Business 2015 on my computer and it won't launch. It comes up with a message that Reckon Accounts Launcher stopped working and windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available. 
    I have tried to uninstall and re-install as you have suggested but still get the same message.
    It appears to be an issue with Windows 8.

Any suggestions?

Bryan
  • Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your post, can I ask you if you are on a Acer laptop??If not, please let us know from what device are you using?

Also here are few suggestions I would like to leave for you:

1. Please turn off the antivirus and try again and continue with steps below if the   issue  persists.

2. Please check the UAC and toggle on/off and see if that makes any difference

3. Please try in a selective mode  and see if that  opens up.Below link will guide how to start your computer in selective mode, you can click the link below.
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4819

4.If You have managed to open up from selective mode, then that would indicate something is interrupting /blocking for quicken and you will need to check with your IT to find that for you BUT if the problem still persists, you may need to do the clean uninstall.To perform how to perform clean uninstall, please find the guidance from below link.
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4333

5.If it still fails,You can try running as admin, right click on the RA icon>>properties>>  run as admin.(Please be informed it may ask you to go through the registration process)

Please let me know the result,

Kind Regards,

Babi

• Bryan Tisher
    Bryan Tisher Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    Babi,
    I am using an HP Spectre XT Laptop running Windows 8.
    I have tried following your suggestions but these relate to Windows 7 and not Windows 8.
    I still can not launch the program. I have previously operated Reckon 2013 without issue so the issue seems to be related to the 2015 version and Windows 8.
    What can I do?

Bryan

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Bryan could you please explain the exact error you are receiving when trying to launch the progrma or the steps, what is happening?  Thank you.