Reckon Accounts 2016 eMail Payslip with Password

IT TGM
IT TGM Member Posts: 22
Hi, Is it possible to generate and email payslips that are password protected from within Reckon? I realise I can email from Reckon and I know I could store them as a compressed file (ie. ZIP) and password protect that. But I am wondering if we can generate the PDF and password protect it from within the payroll module?
thanks

Comments

• IT TGM
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the reply and feedback Kevin. Yes, I agree it would be a feature I am sure that a lot of regulatory bodies would expect.
    cheers
  • IT TGM
    edited September 2016
    Not at this stage. I am actually the IT Manager and not the end-user. I assume there is a wishlist email address somewhere.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    I agree and can definitely see this being a positive addition.

I've sent this thread to our Reckon Accounts product manager this morning for consideration.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• IT TGM
    edited September 2016
    Thanks everyone for your support. Hope to see this soon.... (Tomorrow?) :-))

• IT TGM
    edited November 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Accounts 2016 payslip save as PDF into directory or folder. Since RA2016 does not yet support the ability to password protect the generated payslip pdf file I was wondering if it has the ability to generate the PDF and save it to a secured directory or folder? I have not seen any configuration options or preferences for this. But the idea would be that if I can ge the payroll batch run to generate all of the PDFs into one spot using a known naming convention then I could possibly zip each file with its own password and email it via an external script.

Any thoughts?
    thanks
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You can print the payslips and select the pdf printer and then save the file where ever you need to.
    We do this weekly.
  • IT TGM
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply

Does the pdf printer prompt for a filename for each employee or does it generate its own file name (eg. based on an employee number or something) ?

Does it prompt per employee for the directory or does it treat it like a batch and sends them all to the one sport giving each a unique filename?

Finally we have a couple of PDF writers installed around the office. I assume you are still using the one that is installed with Reckon itself?
    cheers

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    We save our file as one batch on our files. The filename it prompts to is simply named Intuit. However, when we save the file we rename it and date it.

We email to each employee directly from the Email Payslips option and then delete all emails from the sent and deleted files.

• IT TGM
    edited November 2016
    Thanks 

If I understand you correctly you are basically saving the payslip batch as a single pdf file but then also emailing out the individual payslip by using  the email payslip option.

Our requirement is slightly different. 

We have been requested to investigate password protecting the PDF file that the employee gets. At the moment RA does not interface to the PDF printer driver in a fashion  that allows this. It has been registered on the wishlist already for future versions.

So the thought we had was  to produce individual payslip pdf files (not 1 file with all payslips) and store them in a secured folder. Then have a script locate the files and zip each individually with a password by using something like the WinZip command Line tools. The script would then email the resulting individual zip file.

For this to work (ignoring all the email details etc) the PDF printer driver would need to store each payslip individually with a unique name that can be related to the employee. So I am trying to get a handle on whether this is even possible from within Reckon. 

I should also clarify that i am not a RA user but the IT developer onsite.

cheers

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    You are correct.  RA cannot do as you require. For you to achieve your needs, the process is going to be a very long procedure to allow you to do this, as each payslip would need to be done individually to allow you to save them separately.

• IT TGM
    edited November 2016
    Thanks.

I think I may be able to still do something by using a different PDF creator. If I do come up with a solution I will share the details if management permits

appreciate your time
    ?
  • DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    yes, maybe you can share this with the Reckon team too so they can have a look for all of us.
    ?