Reckon Accounts 2017 and QuickBooks Desktop Conflict

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
I have quickbook istalled in my system and then i installed reckon Accounts for development purpose when i send a request to connect reckon one it gives error could not start quickbook can any one help
Photo of Muhammad Usama

Muhammad Usama

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,162 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Quickbooks is an online program. How do you "instal" it?. Oh and Reckon One will not connect to Quickbooks. They are totally different vendors.
(Edited)
Photo of Muhammad Usama

Muhammad Usama

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin,
Sorry for the miss understanding it is just a typo.
Actual problem is below mentioned.
  1. Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions - Accountant Edition 18.0 is installed in my windows system and its working perfect.
  2. Now I Installed Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2017 in same system.
  3. Now i am using SDK provided by reckon team after creating a development account.
  4. Now I am trying to connect to the Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2017 here are the screen shots of errors.

5. If I will open ntuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions - Accountant Edition 18.0 and then try to connect it connect with the quickbooks.
  6. What is that please help.

(Edited)
Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,388 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Muhammad,

Make sure that only Reckon Accounts is open and not QuickBooks.  And if you have other versions of Reckon Accounts make sure they are closed also. 

Or maybe QuickBooks is running in the background so check in task manager for any processes for QuickBooks and stop them except for qbw32.exe with the red Reckon Accounts icon next to it.

If its already the only one open it may just a conflict with having the US version and AU version on the same machine.  Test it by uninstalling QuickBooks and see if it works for Reckon Accounts.  We don't have US QuickBooks to test it with ourselves.  

Regards,
Shane