Reckon Accounts 2017 fails immediately after start with error code 6967 or 6965.

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
Reckon Accounts 2017 fails immediately after start with error code 6967 or 6965. Yesterday I received error code 7162 when trying to start up the software. I tried re-starting and this time the software started but failed after a fwe seconds with error code 6967. tried again today and again failed with error doe 6965. I have sent the error reports, the last one being #215992812. Any help would be appreciated.
Photo of Ian Watson

Ian Watson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

• 3,170 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Not sure, but... Run a virus scan to see if you have any detectable lurkies. Uninstall reckon and reinstall it. May need to reregister but the auto registration feature should work. No guarantee as this software is tricky and unforgiving and has very poor support, unless you are prepared to pay. You see, it's all about the money.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,488 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ian, welcome to the Reckon Community

Can you recall any changes to your system such as anti-virus, OS or other updates at the time you noticed this issue first occurring?

Can I please get you to try a clean uninstall & reinstall of your Reckon Accounts Personal - 

Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Ian Watson

Ian Watson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the response.  No system changes were made. It worked one day and not the next. I was thinking about trying a reinstall as my next step. Before doing anything drastic I decided to give it one more try and wouldn't you know it started up fine. Seems as if the software is a bit flaky.  Perhaps a reinstall would be a good idea anyway.