Reckon Accounts 2017 Installation Issues

Tim_8757478
Tim_8757478 Member Posts: 3
Hello, I am encountering an unknown issue when attempting to install Reckon Accounts 2017 on our PC.
We previously had Reckon Accounts 2015 on the PC, which I uninstalled prior to attempting to install 2017. However, when I attempt to install 2017, nothing happens when clicking on the installation link in the install wizard. The spinning circle appears for around 5 seconds, and then disappears. There are no error messages at all.
I subsequently attempted to reinstall Reckon Accounts 2015 on my PC using an old installation file I had, and encountered the same issue.
Our PC is running Windows 10 (with the Anniversary Update). I have tried disabling the firewall software, but unfortunately the same issue still occurs.
Any suggestions as to how to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Comments

• Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi, Hopefully you can use restore (point) to go back to when 2015 was last working? - If you are successful then immediate panick over. There are many ways to rectify your problem. In my opinion, it is more likely to be your Windows OS installation than Reckon. For the record I installed 2017 on Windows 10 V14393.351 without any problems (except for Home Inventory - which is always a problem for me) - BUT, I removed any instance of Reckon/Intuit from my Registery before I began. Best of luck
  • Tim_8757478
    edited February 2020
    Hi Fred, thanks very much for your response. After receiving your message I attempted to restore back to the point prior to uninstalling Reckon Accounts 2015. Unfortunately, it was only partially successful. Reckon Accounts 2015 has now reappeared, but I receive the error below when attempting to start the program
    "Your program files (not your data files) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall the program."
    As I am unable to successfully execute the installer, I'm still unsure how to rectify this problem. I suspect (as you mentioned that it is an issue with my Windows 10 OS installation), but I'm unsure what the issue could be, as the installer doesn't report any errors.

Thanks again for your help.
    Tim
  • Maxine Ellis
    Maxine Ellis Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tim, I am having the same problem as you.
    I (stupidly) expected that the program would be compatible with Windows 10.
    I also (stupidly again) expect programs that I have paid for, to be tested before being released to the public.

I am waiting for a response from Reckon to assist me with this problem.

Cheers
    Max
  • Tim_8757478
    edited November 2016
    Hi Maxine, don't hold your breath expecting any assistance from Reckon unless you are willing to pay for it.
    If the problem you are having is the same as me, I was able to get around it last night by running the installer directly. In other words, rather than running the autorun file in the home directory, go to the \HAB\DISK1 directory, and run 'Reckon Accounts 2015.msi' (or the appropriate file for whatever version you are attempting to install). It worked for me, so hopefully it will work for you also.

Best of luck,
    Tim
  • Maxine Ellis
    Maxine Ellis Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tim, Thank you for the advice.

I did get a response from Reckon.
    Apparently they seem to think that Windows 10 is the same as Windows 8 and that advice given in 2013 will fix my problem.
    It hasn't so far!!

Frustrated Reckon user,
    Max
  • Fred_7639421
    edited November 2016

Hi,

Try this - Download (if you don't have it) CCleanerFree. Install and run it. 1st on Cleaner, then on Registry (Left hand icons). If there are many items in Registry, run again until all clear. IF you have Reckon on a USB or DVD, copy it to your Desktop (new Folder) and try installing it again.

AS ALWAYS - make sure you make a Restore Point (better still - a full Image backup) and have a copy of your Reckon files stored off your Computer BEFORE your do all of this.

Best of luck.

• Fred_7639421
    edited November 2016
    OOps, Missed a bit. Uninstall first - then use CCleanerFree - then restart - then try installing.