Reckon Accounts 2018 changes

Leshelle
Leshelle Member Posts: 103
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi

I installed Reckon Accounts 2018 recently, hoping to have a look at the changes relating to STP.
I couldnt find anything different. Can you tell me where the changes are ? Or is there still another update to come on July 1st? Also is there a date for the tax update release? I need to book in my IT guy in that first week of July. Thank you

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Updates coming next week - you should have received an email about it today? 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Leshelle,

Just to add to the above replies from Linda & Kev, check out more info here -

Single Touch Payroll - Reckon GovConnect STP

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sonia Connon
    Sonia Connon Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav.  Many users of RAH NZ have been experiencing performance issues with opening transactions from reports (the right click menu opens instead), moving the sliders up/down in lists, adjusting column widths etc.

It isn't a mouse setup issue as the problem exists over multiple files and on many different machines and logins.

Will this issue be resolved with the new maintenance update?

Thanks and regards, Sonia
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Splitting into separate thread Please reference the new conversation here: RAH NZ operational issues

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    Thankyou. That had some great info .
  • Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    Can I set up Google Authentication and set up my account on Reckon Portal now? Or wait till updates are installed?
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    Yep you can certainly create a Reckon Portal account now if you'd like to get a headstart and also download the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone from your respective app store.

The GovConnect STP app will appear within the Reckon Portal next week. 

Google Authenticator - Android

Google Authenticator - iOS

• Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    OK. Do I need to be at the computer where I'll be running payroll?
    Google Authenticator asked for a KEY when setting up my account. Where do I get the key from please Rav
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    You've gone about as far as you can at this stage Leshelle, the next step is for you to scan the QR barcode which is presented to you by the GovConnect STP app. You won't be able to do that just yet until release next week.

This will also be covered in the webinar :) 

• Leshelle
    edited June 2018
    Right. OK then. Does creating a Reckon Portal Account save anything to the desktop that youre doing it on, like the ATO Auskey does? Or can I register on any computer?
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    The Reckon Portal is a cloud gateway so you can register on any computer :)