reckon accounts 2020 trial wont install payment services requirements

Options
bio1511
bio1511 Member Posts: 4
edited May 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Trying to install Reckon Accounts Business 2020 onto a W7 desktop. Appears to install payment services requirements then flashes a screen too quick to read and then stops with a cannot be installed message. v2020 says no W7 so tried v2019, same result. Any ideas?

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Try going into your PC services and "stop" print spooler, then restart it again, different error message but neither 2019 or 2020 would load on my PC either.  If that fails try stopping QB database's then install.

I presume you have disabled your firewall and virus protection, and I have always found it will only install straight after a reboot.  Reboot PC, turn off print spooler, do not open any programs, then run install.  

This means you will have to have the file downloaded and your IKC: to your PC before reboot.
  • bio1511
    bio1511 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you for the response.
    Just gave that a try. Restart, disable firewall and antivirus, stop print spooler. Run v2020 install from unzip. It advises it will install Microsoft Runtime Library and Payment Services Requirements. "NEXT". Flash screen unreadable. Then "Installation Interrupted". No explanation of why. Only option to finish.
    Installed are Reckon Accounts Personal 2020 and Quickbooks Pro 2003 (no longer activated).
    Is there an install log somewhere? I cannot find an install folder in progam files.
    Thanks