reckon accounts accounting small business edition 2016 can't email invoices

Options
Shannon West
Shannon West Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Trying to send invoices with Windows 10 Mail  and a gmail address. Has been working fine until last week. Go to send an invoice, get prompted for the email password (normal), enter the password (hasn't been changed anywhere) click send next minute get a msg saying 

Invalid Email Details

Either your Email address or Password is incorrect.
If your Email address in incorrect please edit it in your send forms Preferences..

I don't understand how this is happening when absolutely nothing has been changed!! Worked fine on 20/01, not working on 25/01.

I have tried going into my Microsoft account, Google account, Computer Registry, nothing works.
I can't find where to alter or correct the password for the email account I'm using in Reckon accounts. I know the email address is correct as I use it everyday.

Anyone got any ideas please where to start or how to fix it??
I rang Reckon Support but of course they no longer support this version and want you to pay $600 a year to upgrade to the newest version which I can't afford.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Shannon,
    I'd recommend taking a look at the following two Knowledgebase articles, it should get you pointed in the right direction.

Webmail failing to send email from Reckon Accounts Business

Webmail and Reckon Accounts Business 2016

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shannon West
    Shannon West Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Options
    thanks. Neither of those worked for Windows Mail so I went back to try Windows Live Mail. Managed to add my Gmail address again then did the following and got it to work finally!!
    Got it working with WLM...at least for now until Google changes something else.  Click on your Google Icon and then Google Account button.  Go to far left hand side and pick Security, scroll down to near bottom of page and click the link under Less Secure Access.  In next window turn that slide button from Off to On, then wait a few minutes and check your Windows Live Mail.  Mine works again.