Reckon accounts desktop payroll split run

Leshelle
Leshelle Member Posts: 103
Does anyone know if I can start a pay run on one day, enter some employee hours, and leave the screen unfinished and come back the next day and finish it ? In between, Reckon will be exited and restarted. I'm not sure what will happen to the ABA file. I need to do this so I can get the pay run finished early. Thanks

Comments

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited October 2018
    Hi Leshelle

I think that when you close down Reckon Accounts it lets go of the information you have already entered but not closed properly. When you restart Reckon Accounts you won't be able to find the entries you made previously.

Robert Smeallie 
  • Leshelle
    edited April 2020
    Ok thanks Robert. I was afraid of that.
  • Greg Tenni_8946652
    Greg Tenni_8946652 Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    Leshelle
    I don't think what Robert says is correct.
    I have often started a pay run, then exited, come back the next day and finished it off.
    Everything I entered in the pay run was still there.
    Maybe the .ABA file might create issues, but that can easily be re-created.

I must admit I had the same concern when I started using Payroll Premier and asked a question about it. I was assured that it was possible, so I tested it out a few times before proceeding.
    Maybe you could run a test case for your own peace of mind.
    Update one employee, then exit and re-start and see what happens.
    Think you'll find that it retains the data.
    Greg
  • Leshelle
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Greg..I did just do a test in a sample company file, entered hrs to a couple of employees, via Pay Employees window, closed Reckon down. (got the warning that all your editing will be lost if you leave). Reopened Reckon and there was no payroll open and no employees ticked in Pay Employees. So would have to start again. I am using Accounts 2018
  • Greg Tenni_8946652
    Greg Tenni_8946652 Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    Yeah. No worries. I use Payroll Premier, so there's obviously some differences. Didn't realise what version you were running.
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have created a pay run, added some employees and then "create payment" .  The next day I have gone in and started new payroll with exactly the same to and from dates and pay date, added the other employees and "create payment" again.  As long as the dates are all matching all reports, payslips, will combine all the entries.
  • Leshelle
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Glenda. Great to know..does that make two ABA files? Or are they all together when you preview ABA?
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sorry I haven’t created aba files so not sure.