Reckon Accounts Desktop

John Anderson_10139867
John Anderson_10139867 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi

We've had to upgrade our old Reckon accounts software when we upgraded computers.

I notice Reckon Accounts Desktop is now subscription based. We used to subscription to reckon  get support, upgrades etc, but eventually opted out of it, the software worked fine.

So with Reckon accounts Desktop is that still possible? Do we 'own' the software when we purchase; if we don't pay next years subscription fee do we still have this years version of the program just no updates, support,  etc. 

Or is the subscription required to access the software even with the desktop version.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    I believe you have to pay every year, what version were you running? I have many different versions running on my Windows 10 PC
  • John Anderson_10139867
    John Anderson_10139867 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Yeah that's what I read it as, but wasn't sure.

We were running Reckon Accounts 2014.

Can't currently find our old customer ID, I've used a old W& step. But W7 won't run on the new hardware.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2019
    Is your computer Windows 10? Have you got the installation code for Reckon 2014?
  • Peter French
    Peter French Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2019
    I am a tax accountant snd need to talk to someone using this product. I am currently using Elite Ledger and have had problems getting information on desktop. My experience trying to find out what l need to know has been unsatisfactory abd l cant even get to look at the program. My email address is peterfrenchaus@gmail.com
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi John - the desktop version is available as a full version, upgrade or subscription.  Your choice depends on pricing, and if you need to keep on top of payroll/tax updates - if you have employees I would generally recommend subscription version so you are always current with whatever the ATO decides to change.. if you have no employees then an upgrade will suffice.  You never really 'own' software - but if you purchase a full version you have a licence to use it until the terms of that licence change (you may be aware that Reckon recently retired some older versions of the software which meant even those with full versions had to upgrade)...  if you stick with a subscription version and then do not renew when its due - the software will allow you to always view your data after expiry, but wont let you enter any new transactions.  Email me linda@abcomputing.com.au if you want to provide your individual requirements and I can recommend what would be best for you.  If you have purchased a subscription but want to now change to a full version, that should be possible.  Reckon are pretty flexible with trying to meet customers needs.
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Hi Peter - I dont have any experience with Elite Ledger and how it integrates with the Reckon products - but there are tech support people in the APS group who should be able to help you.  Perhaps Rav can direct your query to the correct area on Monday?
  • Peter French
    Peter French Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Linda. I am not thinking of merging Ledger but what the desktop accounting program offers a public practitioner with multiple clients. No luck with the Reckon dudes ... accounting, ledger, financial and management reports but l am nit buying it blind.
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The desk top license is for 5 years
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    I have emailed you some more info Peter :)
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Elite Ledger is another ledger as we have in RA .and more profession ally displayed but you need to read enter again from your normal RA ledger. Even though three is some merge options it's too much fiddly. I use just my existing RA accounts and make it look professionsl

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009