Reckon Accounts home & Business locks up windows 7 when I do a local backup

Bill Tuckwell
Bill Tuckwell Member Posts: 11
Trying to finalise accounts for our accountant. Every time I go to do a back up the system just freezes - cannot close system using task manager but that is frozen as well. Getting frustrated!
Using Reckon Accounts - Home and Business 2017 on a Windows 7 toshiba notebook.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Bill,

Are you attempting to backup to a local destination on your PC eg. Desktop, My Documents etc? 
    Or a virtual location such as Dropbox, OneDrive etc?

If it's the latter, can you please try backing up to a local destination first and let me know if the issue persists for you?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bill Tuckwell
    edited February 2017
    Have tried a number of destinations within actual machine (no virtual). Machine has two internal drives (C: & D:) have tried both of these and also tried a USB memory stick as well - all the same result.
    Is there a maximum number of transactions in Reckon Personal - it has years and yeasr of data in he file?
    Bill T
  • Bill Tuckwell
    edited February 2017
    I think I may have found the problem.
    It would appear that the system was getting upset when I entered a group of transactions that were more than 12 months old.
    I have rest computer date to 30-06-2016 (End of Financial Year I am working on) the save/backup process now appears to be working OK.
    Bill T
  • Bill Tuckwell
    edited March 2017
    I have been able to analyse the problem a little more.

I appears to be some sort of system date problem.

If I start Reckon with the current date the system still freezes.

However if I change the computer date to 31-12-2016 or earlier and then open reckon personal it works fine - I can change the system date to the correct date and enter transactions up to the current date.

I can then close the program successfully - but still need to follow the date change process the next time I want to use the Reckon Personal program.

However if I backup the program pre exit it locks up and requires a computer reboot.

I have tried the Reckon Personal file on another computer and the same thing happens.

Therefore it appears to be a reckon Persona; file problem????

Any help appreciated
    Bill T