Reckon Accounts Hosted 2015 Decommission - 16 August

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)

Hi everyone,

Accounts Hosted 2015 will no longer be available as of Tuesday 16 August 2016, 2PM (AEST). 
If you are still currently using Accounts Hosted 2015, we would like to remind you to upgrade to the latest version, Reckon Accounts Hosted 2016.

On 16 August 2016, 2PM (AEST) we will be removing the older version, so please ensure you have upgraded to our latest release before this date. To access Accounts Hosted 2016, log in to your account and simply click on the 'Accounts 2016 R2' button.

We recommend you read the Accounts Hosted 2016 Upgrade Guide and keep a backup of your company file before upgrading.

More information here - https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-hosted-2016-au-is-now-available

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks

Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,926 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 668 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
As far as I can tell, we only received 1 week's notice (by email) of this upgrade (and if we happened to logon, there is a message on the screen). With all due respect, I would ask that you give much more notice, in terms of both duration and frequency of messages. Your software is typically used by small businesses, who don't have teams of staff. I work for a number of small businesses. I don't visit all of them in a week, and I have my work planned out for my visits. No-one else at these businesses can deal with the upgrade, some don't even log on regularly. To find out I need to deal with this upgrade right now is not good enough. Is there some reason you couldn't have provided this notice at the time of the release of the next version, and then sent out multiple notifications on different forums? With that notice, those of us working for small businesses could plan ahead, both for ourselves and our business owners. 
Thanks 
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 668 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Me again. I'm in the process of upgrading, following the document at 
http://d279ec9rnh07el.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/06/23030711/Accounts-Hosted-Upg...

Step 4 says 
Create a backup of your Accounts Hosted 2015 R1company file. 
Surely this should ready Accounts Hosted 2015 R2?

Step 7 says "Click on the Launch Accounts 2015 R2 button when you and open your company file;"
Aside from being an incomplete sentence, I assume this is a mistake? Surely I need to click on Launch Accounts 2016 R2 New ? Not 2015. 
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback Wendy,

Hosted 2016 was released in late June and the date of the 2015 R2 decommission was announced as soon as the date/time was confirmed.

I've passed your comments through to our Accounts Hosted Product Manager. Also, thanks for picking out those typo errors, I'll organise to have that corrected.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Michele Guest

Michele Guest

• 62 Points
I agree with Wendy in regards to not enough notice.  I was overseas when I received this email in regards to upgrading.  You left me one day to do it when I got back.  

Regards,
Michele
Photo of Sharon

Sharon

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am not familiar with reckon hosted software. Actually i have not finish 2016 FY financial account at the moment.

I notice that i received the email from Reckon, it said 2015 R2 is no longer to use after 16/08/2016 at AEST 2p.m.

I am not sure what should i do, I am so afraid if I rollover to 2016 R2, then i may not able to do 2016 FY financial account. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sharon,

Can definitely understand where you're coming from, no need to worried.

You will be able to complete your reporting for the 2015/16 financial year in the 2016 version.

The most significant change to the PAYGW Tax tables was the change in the threshold levels to HELP, so if you have employees who pay HELP then you must be on the 2016 version to be calculating the correct amounts.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Mark Teasdale

Mark Teasdale

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm also disappointed with the lack of notice, 1 week is not a lot of time. I have to upgrade POS on 2 machines at the same time to work with the new hosted version
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Photo of Ashley Joyce

Ashley Joyce

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm unable to login into reckon hosted. I'm getting this warning. I'm clicking on the launch accounts 2016 R2 New tab... however, when the login comes up it states its "Reckon Hosted Accounts 2015 Edition" at the top. I've been login on this way for the past month without issue, this warning problem only surfaced today. I upgraded to 2016 about a month ago... could someone advise?

Photo of Ashley Joyce

Ashley Joyce

• 700 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Problem fixed. I went back to the www.reckon.hosted website. Clicked the "Hosted" menu tab from the top of the site using a new browser session. 

Not exactly sure why it didn't work from yesterdays login page, maybe due to the update cutoff today at 2 pm. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.