Reckon Accounts Hosted Black Screen Issues - 11 & 12 May 2017

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

Some users are currently experiencing black screen issues while attempting to access Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Our support and development teams are aware and investigating this at the highest priority.

If possible, we ask that you please get in touch with our Hosted Support team so we can collate your details to assist in isolating the cause of this issue.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused. Further updates will be made on this thread as soon as possible.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATE - 12/5/2017 4:40pm
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Sad

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 6,632 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good to know it wasnt just me... had the issue with Opera, then switched to Firefox for better results - then after a restart later in the day, Opera working again.
Photo of Jan Byers

Jan Byers, Accredited Partner

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Rav I still cannot get in via any browser. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Mark,

Cheers for sending through your details, we'll got on this ASAP
Photo of John Gibson

John Gibson, Accredited Partner

• 982 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Driving me insane...as an accountant cannot get past black screen since midday yesterday, whatever browser used.....
Even Accredited / Professional Partners affected, very annoying!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Apologies John, we've got the team working on this with the utmost urgency and are currently in the process of identifying the affected file server(s).
Photo of Bev D

Bev D

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi firefox gives me a black screen, chrome allows me to log in normally. No issues yesterday (with firefox) only today.
Photo of David Ian Fraser

David Ian Fraser

• 60 Points
Not happy, tried to get on yesterday at this same time and still getting the black screen :  (
Photo of Angela Brown

Angela Brown

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Missing Shared folders.

I've just gone to Q:\ to open a shared client file - and the whole shared directory is missing.  I still open the file from the "recently opened files" screen, but there other folders for the clients group that have disappeared.   Any ideas?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I believe this could be related to the earlier issues with Hosted so I've moved your post to this thread.

Are you able to end all remote sessions from your Control Panel and then logout. Then try again and let me know if you can access the shared file?

If not, can you please send through the file name and User ID to community@reckon.com and I'll get that looked into.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to check in and see how you got on, are you able to locate your shared file as yet?
Photo of Angela Brown

Angela Brown

Rav.   I've logged out this morning ( Sat 13 May) and logged back in and STILL cant see shared folders.   Lots and lots of them..  not just one.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi folks,

Our dev team have restarted two file servers and conducted internal testing. The issue should now be resolved. If you encounter any further black screen issues, please end all active remote sessions from within the Hosted control panel, logoutand then retry.

Let us know if the issue persists if it proves unsuccessful.

Thank you all for your patience and our apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

• 1,050 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
still getting the black screen.
Photo of Candy

Candy

Still getting black screen - can't do my work..
Photo of Peter Brown

Peter Brown

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
mine not working rav  black screen
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 12/5 11:20am*

Hi everyone,

We are receiving reports from some customers that the black screen issues are recurring.

Our teams are investigating this as we speak.

I'm really sorry for the frustration on this and I'll keep you posted with updates on this thread as soon as possible.

Rav
Photo of Angela Brown

Angela Brown

Yep - happening again here 12th May. Very frustrating
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I'm really sorry for the hassle this is causing Angela. The team Dev team are looking into this right now. I'll keep you updated on progress as soon as I receive further info.
Photo of Michael Standen

Michael Standen

• 1,050 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
12 May 12:20pm Im getting the black screen.   :(
Photo of Lyn Duffy

Lyn Duffy

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't access Reckon Hosted. Black screen only.

I get a black screen when I access Reckon Hosted
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 12/5/2017 12:35pm*

Hi everyone,

The team are currently in the process of increasing the number of session hosts which should gradually assist in getting users past the black screen and access your service normally.

Appreciate you all bearing with us so far, more info to follow
(Edited)
Photo of Danielle Green

Danielle Green

• 60 Points
I am still getting a black screen with all browsers. :-(
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I've reported your case from your email to our Hosted team and it's been included in their current work.

Apologies but there isn't a instant fix I can give you at this point however I'll advise on progress with the situation as soon as I can.
Photo of Paul Bright

Paul Bright

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Rav, what is happening? Do i tell my clients to go home or not??
Photo of Paul Bright

Paul Bright

Then how come one of my staff members got in and i cant??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I'm really sorry Paul, but it's not something I can comment on with any certainty at this stage. I'll advise you of an ETA as soon as it becomes clear.
Photo of Paul Bright

Paul Bright

Still nothing? Im now at the clients home trying to log in but still getting black screen. Why???
Photo of Michelle Muir

Michelle Muir

• 60 Points
Black screen here still as well. Have been trying to get in for hours.
Photo of Jovie Gianotti

Jovie Gianotti

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have black screen since yesterday. Can't do any work?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 12/5/2017 2:15pm*

Hi everyone,

I've received word that the new sessions hosts are in place and looking good.

If you are experiencing the black screen issue right now, can you please head into your Hosted control panel and end all active sessions listed there. Then logout (use the logout option).

Please try again after that and let me know if the issue persists for you below this post
Photo of Dennis Sparling

Dennis Sparling

• 60 Points
I couldn't login yesterday afternoon, then I got in late that evening. Today again I can't log in - only get the black screen.
Photo of Gai Green

Gai Green

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have no sessions active, have tried logging in using Chrome, Firefox and IE, still a black screen, However I can log in using a clients login details but not my own. Have sent an email. Booksdone
Photo of Michael

Michael, Accredited Partner

Issue still occurring no sessions active
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Michael,

Our Hosted product owner is re-checking our current status. Got your email also and have reported it.

More info to follow.
Photo of jodie

jodie

• 60 Points
Issues still occurring also.  No sessions active
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for trying Jodie, and I'm really sorry about this. 

The teams are re-checking and looking into this as we speak.

Stay tuned
Photo of Candy

Candy

same here. black screen , no sessions active
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know Candy,

The team are back on it right now. I'll keep you posted.
Photo of Michelle Phipps

Michelle Phipps

• 70 Points
I have had black screen for 2 days now......... very frustrating .....
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Sincere apologies Michelle,

The problem was resolved yesterday evening however has recurred this afternoon. The team increased the number of session hosts earlier however has not had the impact they were expecting. 

Work is ongoing at the moment to address this.
Photo of Kerrie Scott

Kerrie Scott

same issues here
Photo of Christine Schreyer

Christine Schreyer

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same issues here
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 60 Points
same issue with black screen as well...
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 12/5/2017 3:15pm*

Hi folks

Thank you all for your reports on this, the team have received sufficient cases via the Community and work is currently ongoing to address this issue and put a resolution in place. 

Unfortunately, at this stage I do not have an ETA that I can advise however will communicate this as investigations advance and the cause of the issue becomes clear.

A suggestion I have from our Support team which may be worth trying out is to keep the black screen up for approximately 10 minutes as there have been varying levels of success in proceeding to log in after this duration of time.

Finally, I'd just like to apologise again, I fully understand how frustrating this problem is for you all and we're working as hard to put this right ASAP.

I'll update the thread with more info as soon as possible.

Thanks
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Gai Green

Gai Green

We appreciate your hard work in getting it fixed but .......the lose of income hurts and keeping clients happy at this time on Friday isn't happening.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 12/5/2017 4:40pm*

Hi everyone,

We're still continuing to work on this issue along with monitoring and working on the backend to reduce/stop the black screen problem.

The next step required in eliminating this issue on a more permanent basis requires scheduled maintenance to Reckon Accounts Hosted. The team will be carrying this out tomorrow night and I've posted a separate thread outlining that HERE
Photo of Kristy Matheson

Kristy Matheson

Rav I need to run payroll today, is there a time on when this will be fixed? Employees are going to be hunting me down for their wages!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I don't have an ETA as yet unfortunately Kristy.

I know this isn't the ideal method but could you please try logging in and leaving your black screen up for about 10-15mins without interruption. I can't guarantee it but there is a likelihood your login will proceed after that length of time.
Photo of Kristy Matheson

Kristy Matheson

Ok thanks will try that

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 13/5/2017 9:30am*

Good morning everyone,

Our teams will be working throughout the day leading up to the maintenance tonight to try and minimise this issue as much as possible.

I appreciate this isn't the ideal troubleshooting, however if you login and leave the black screen up for approximately 10-15 minutes without interruption the login attempt may then proceed after this time. There has been varying levels of success with this method.

I'll provide a further update here as soon as I recieve any new information.

Thank you all for your patience with us so far

Rav
Photo of Maureen Ryan

Maureen Ryan, Accredited Partner

• 720 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Black screen left on for 15-20 mins has worked for me....at least I can now work in Reckon.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Glad to hear you're in Maureen. Apologies for the hassle though, definitely appreciate that isn't the best user experience to access your services.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.