Reckon Accounts Hosted: Companies keep dissapearing

Sara_7151075
Sara_7151075 Member Posts: 66
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have an ongoing issue with my 2 of 3 companies not staying in loaded in my list of companies to open.
Each time I want to access one of my companies I have to restore it.... this also means that each time, I also have to re-upload my saved templates.

I have shared the company files to my login and I have also tried using many different internet browsers as suggested in the past.

Has anyone got a common sense solution to offer?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Sara.  You indicate that you have set up sharing of companies.  That would tend to indicate that two or more of these companies are owners in their own right, with their own unique Username or UserID.  To illustrate, I use the following example:
    1. Company 1 has its own ID
    2, Company 2 has it own ID
    A user of Company 1 can share its company with a user of Company 2 and when completed correctly, when the user for Company 2 (for whom the sharing has been set up) logs on to Reckon, they will have the option to open either Company 1 or Company 2.
    If you logon to Reckon Hosted using the USER logon details for Company 1, you will not be able to see anything for Company 2, because it has not been shared with the USER of Company 1
    At this point you have two options available - either only ever logon to Hosted using the USER details for Company 2, or get Company 2 to share its file with the USER Company 1.

In my own particular case, I am the "owner"/operator of Company 1 with a unique USER logon.  I also have my own personal Hosted USER logon.  I also have access to the file of a completely different entity (Company 2) and it has shared its file with my personal account USER ID.  It has not shared its file with any USER of Company 1 because they have nothing to do with one another.  But they both have something to do with me and so I can access either of them through my own personal Hosted USER logon.

I would also mention that if any Company has more than one company file, each file has to be shared.

If you look at the Control Panel, you will be able to see which user ID you are logged into Reckon Hosted.

I don't know how you have set things up, but my illustration might help you.
    John L G
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for your help John,

I am the sole user of all my companies, I have a second User ID that was my ID before Hosted (My reckon Pro accounts ID) that I believe is unusable. Have "shared" with my login as a suggestion from Reckon, thought it hasn't fixed it at all.

I have just double checked and all companies are shared with Both Users

Thanks anyway
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Sara.  There is something that is not quite gelling from what you are saying.  The only time that I am aware of where it is necessary to "share" a company file is where that/each company has been separately registered through Reckon Hosted and has been issued with their own unique UserID and password for logging on the Reckon Hosted.  This is a different ID and password than that which actually opens the company file as such.
    So I guess that the next question is at what stage did these three companies come on board?  All at the same time or at different times?
    When I first started using Hosted, the entity that I work for transferred two company files to Hosted, using the same Hosted login details.  There was no separate setting up of a sharing of company files involved because they are both registered and setup under the one Hosted login, which means that they are "owned" by the one entity.
    If I want to create a new company, I can do so under that same Hosted logon, just like we used to do with the desktop version.  
    Using the desktop version, I could have any number of other company files that I could access using the same program - there are no restrictions as such.  However, under Hosted, if another company, with its own separate registration and logon details, wants me to access their file, it has to be shared with me first, because it is Hosted in the cloud.
    The crux of this in my opinion is the sharing that you are talking about, because sharing through Hosted can only seem to occur where the owner (with their own unique ID and password) authorises sharing.  As the sole user of your companies, I would have thought that you would have gone through the process of having them all registered under the one logon.  Unless you did that, it seems to me that you have actually registered the three companies separately through Hosted and paid a separate Hosted fee for each of them.  To me that means that they must each have their own unique Hosted ID and password.  Sorry, but I cannot help any further than this, because that reaches the limit of my understanding.  There may be other aspects associated with this that I am not aware of as I don't claim to be an expert in the area.  Rather my experience comes from how i currently access different files for different entities, under my own personal Hosted ID. 
    John L G.
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017
    Thanks John,

You could only try :)

We only use and pay for one user ID, the only explanation I have for the other (which shows as active) is that it is the ID for Reckon Pro - Not hosted.

I have only ever added the company files in the user ID we have always used.

I do believe I will have to make the dreaded phone call to technical support.

Once again, thanks for trying

Sara
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    On last thought Sara, which relates to your terminology, and this could be helpful when you talk to Reckon Support.  You mentioned that you had "shared" your companies.  If this was really the case, from what ID were they shared from and to what ID were they shared to?  Are these IDs both Hosted IDs?  If not, then they cannot be shared.
    Good luck with you phone call to Support as I note that you have had this problem now for months.  There has got to be a logical answer which they MUST have.  A possible solution might be for Reckon to create a new ID and bring all three files across to that new one, in case there is something corrupt with the first one - don't know whether either of these are possibilities.  John L G
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Sara,

I can see this problem recurring if you keep restoring your company file to the "Desktop" in hosted this issue will occur because - each time you log out and back into reckon accounts hosted you will be loading a new "Desktop" as a result it looks like you lost your file.

To resolve it, please restore your file to the "My Live Q" where all company files should reside so that you do not get this problem again.

If you are restoring your company file to the Q drive and still getting this problem then please give Reckon Technical Support a ring on 1300 799 150 between Monday-Friday (8:30am to 7pm) Sydney time.

Regards,
    Alex
  • Sara_7151075
    edited September 2017
    Hi Alex,
    Sorry but all three companies are in "My Live Q" It's all I have ever used

Hi John,
    All files are shared to both logins - however, one login ID is not be a hosted login.

Clearly this is not a call I want to make - I'm still procrastinating about it.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    HI Sara.  As far as I am aware you are wasting your time trying sharing with a non-hosted login ID because that user has no ability to login to Hosted in the first place.  Each user has to be registered either as a registered user of Hosted in their own right or as an additional user for another entity.  In each case, the user has to pay a fee to Reckon somewhere along the line in order to gain access to Hosted.

Did you take up the offer of Alex to ring Technical Support?  John L G 
  • Sara_7151075
    edited February 2016
    Not yet, Ive only just checked back about this now.
    Though I note today that two of my companies appear today instead of just one :)

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Sara,

They should be able to get it sorted out in roughly 5 to 30min (depending on issue) so if you allow yourself that much time I'm sure it's going to save you a lot of headaches in the long run.

I am just wondering if they keep disappearing what do you do to continue working? This information will definitely help technical support pin point where the problem is coming from.

Give them a call, the staff aren't that terrible :)

-Alex