Reckon Accounts Hosted - Launch Issue (14 November 2017)

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We are receiving early indication of an issue impacting the launch of Reckon Accounts Hosted.

It appears to be affecting a small number of users and the issue appears at the launch of Hosted screenshot example below)

We're currently investigating this at the highest priority and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Further updates to follow.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Janelle Knight

Janelle Knight

• 876 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
we're back on!!!!
Photo of Annie Landman

Annie Landman

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i still can't get into it 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Remedial work on the server has been completed and we're seeing gradually improved performance. We're still not out of the woods just yet and the team is continuing to monitor.

As mentioned previously, you may notice a degradation in speed due to the influx of logins all coming through to the server at the same time. As always, I'll keep you posted with more news as soon as I receive it.

Thank you all for your patience with us.
(Edited)
Photo of Louise

Louise

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What happened to the server mirroring?  After the problems last month due to server issues, we were hoping this would be the last time we'd see reliability issues.
Photo of Mark Mote

Mark Mote

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is a disgrace.
I notified Reckon at 1.30 of this problem.
The total lack of support is not acceptable.

It has been my opinion for some time that there needs to be a copy of the software on my computer for such a case.

This is not the first time I have had issues with the software after having used the desk version for over 25 years, without a fault.

It needs to be on a stable platform.
When i first started with the cloud, i was told to use modzilla, today i was told to use Chrome..
Clearly no one has any idea of the issues.
Just not good enough.
Photo of Annette Harris

Annette Harris

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark if you are the only user on your file. down load the desk top version and put the file on there.  I currently have put back 4 files until this is sorted 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Mark,
Sincere apologies that you were affected today.
I can certainly understand where you're coming from, issues affecting the operation of the service are never ideal for any parties involved, us included. Unfortunately, due to the nature of technology in general, issues will be unavoidable however we make every effort to ensure the chance of them happening is as minimal as humanly possible, and also to fix it as quick as possible if they do happen to occur.

In regard to browsers, they evolve over time and the issue today was not related to which browser you choose to use at all. The support team generally recommend using Google Chrome.

In regard to your comments around a desktop copy, all Hosted customers are entitled to a complimentary single user copy of Reckon Accounts Hosted. Give our customer service team a call and they can organise access to this for you

Cheers
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of adrian snaidero

adrian snaidero

• 632 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Been watching postings relating to cloud issues for some time; users on this platform must have a high tolerance level. 
Photo of Annette Harris

Annette Harris

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Finally got into files 2 hours wasted not happy.  we cant compete with other software while these issues continue 
Photo of Lynn Koh

Lynn Koh

• 60 Points
I still having black screen.........
so with all of the time that has been lost, do we assume that as a token gesture that you offer all the effected businesses at least a month free access?
Photo of Pam

Pam

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey Reckon - your message about working on this problem has been removed - but I still can't get in.   Are the techs still working?
Photo of Pam

Pam

Fabulous I've just managed to get in again.  Yay ..... now where was I??
Photo of Helen Case

Helen Case

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is there anyone out there that has had any luck accessing the software?  I have tried Firefox & Google Chrome.  Nothing but the same black screen.  Grrrrr
yes we have managed to get in with Internet Explorer. Try pressing Control and F5 at the same time. it forces a complete refresh
Photo of Pam

Pam

Hi Helen, I'm in Perth WA and I've managed to get in.  I made sure I logged myself off after the numerous times of trying to get on and one time it worked.  Good luck - I'd start running if you can't get in, employees not being paid ugh!
and that's with all the browsers
Photo of Majella

Majella

After starting with this morning at 7.30
I left at 6.30 still unable to launch reckon
3 hours work unable to be completed this afternoon
A payroll to run!!!!
I get to start tomorrow morning at 6am to get my team paid
Very unimpressed
But how lucky am I to see the sunrise tomorrow
Photo of Helen Case

Helen Case

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I just tried IE.  No luck.  Google Chrome.  No luck.  Mozilla.  No luck. IE again.  No luck.  Google Chrome again.  No luck.  Mozilla 2 more times - got in on the last.  Wages at least paid & now time for dinner & attempting to get back in to process & pay suppliers.  Might need a wine on top of that !
Photo of Majella

Majella

Already having the wine and setting my alarm for very early in the morning
They have all night to get this sorted
Photo of Pam

Pam

Hang in there ladies.  I'm out of wine but have champagne .....
Photo of Majella

Majella

Reckon may need to support membership to AA at this rate
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi folks, if you're still sober enough, and still experiencing black screens, can you please head into the Hosted control panel and end any & all active sessions (This is a crucial step).

Once that's done, logout. Ensure that you are using the logout option on the top right.

Close your browser and then try again after 5-10 minutes.
Photo of Majella

Majella

I will when I get to work in the morning
Hopefully it will all be sorted by then
Photo of Daniela

Daniela

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Reckon,  I was successfully in 10 minutes ago then I was kicked out and am now getting an error message with the  code (-6000, -80)

Is this related to today's troubles?  I need to pay my staff and this is just not on!
Photo of Lyndell

Lyndell

• 60 Points
Having the same issue. I restarted my computer and now I'm back in.
Photo of Daniela

Daniela

Reckon - I have now been kicked out of payroll for 35 staff which I set up - TWICE! What is going on?  I do not have the time at 11.13pm to run my payroll again with the chance it will crash again! 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,
The teams were working on this late into the night and based on their testing, server performance is back to optimal levels. There should be no slow logins or blackscreen issues, however if you do experience blackscreen on login please try the steps from my post above -

Go into the Hosted control panel and end any & all active sessions (This is a crucial step).

Once that's done, logout. Ensure that you are using the logout option on the top right and not just closing the tab or browser window.

Once logged out in full, close your browser and then try again.
Photo of Daniela

Daniela

Hi Raj,

Having more issues trying to log in.  No black screen, but cannot get past the account selection screen.

Please help!  I have to run another payroll this morning before 12noon!!!!
Daniela

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.