*RESOLVED* Reckon Accounts Hosted launch issue (30 June 2018)

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We're aware that some users are experiencing issues logging into Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

This issue is only affecting AU users of Reckon Accounts Hosted. New Zealand Hosted users are not affected.

You may experience a screen similar to the below image when attempting to launch Reckon Accounts Hosted. 

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing at such a busy time of year. 

Our teams are working on resolving this problem as quickly as we can.

I'll post updates here so please hit the 'Follow' button on this thread to receive updates.

THIS ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED, PLEASE SEE LATEST UPDATE HERE

Update: 30 June, 7:41pm
Update: 30 June, 8:12pm
Update: 30 June, 8:46pm
Update: 30 June, 11:12pm

Update: 1 July, 6:34am
Update: 1 July, 10:22am
Update: 1 July, 1:17pm
Update: 1 July, 4:07pm
Update: 1 July, 4:45pm
Update: 1 July, 5:55pm

** CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE **

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of John Friebel

John Friebel

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to connect to the WebConnect server.

Why do I receive "Unable to connect to the WebConnect server" error when trying to connect to Reckon Accounts?
Photo of Kerry Robertson

Kerry Robertson

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled is anyone else having trouble getting into Reckon online? I keep getting the mes....
Photo of TYSON DEKLEVA

TYSON DEKLEVA

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PLEASE HELP!!!!.

as soon as i login into my account its all black and my log in details are on the top left hand corner  with the following msg below unable to connect to the web connect server                      
Photo of GSD Support

GSD Support

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Accounts Hosted - "Unable to connect to the WebConnect server.".

Unable to access Reckon Accounts Hosted via web browser(s). 

Error message presented after logging in: "Unable to connect to the WebConnect server.".

https://hosted.reckon.com.au/webconnect/RA.2017.AU.R2/sgIndex.asp
Photo of Elisha Thorp

Elisha Thorp

• 60 Points
Can we please get some kind of update on this!!  This is crazy, I have so much that I need to get done in my files before tomorrow and I have been unable to login since yesterday.  Pretty angry about this!!!  Going to be up all night doing what I need to do at this rate - thats if it even comes back online today.  Really stressing me out!!
If it was only Reckon, we have had issues with ATO logins over last twelve months and before, power issues, NBN telstra issues. Cloud systems not working, other IT matters and it seems like a lot of other people in this communication like myself now required to work weekends to try do the catch up
Photo of Gunter

Gunter

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Same old same old, every time its the financial busy season accounts hosted drops out causing no end of trouble, i'll be reminding them of this and looking for a discount come renewal date
Photo of Patricia Byrne

Patricia Byrne

• 50 Points
Any updates  I have lots to do before tomorrow  Pain in the neck  whats going on
Photo of Patricia Byrne

Patricia Byrne

• 50 Points
Any updates  I have lots to do before tomorrow  Pain in the neck  whats going on
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **
This issue is affecting NEW login attempts to Reckon Accounts Hosted 2017 & 2018 Australia only.
If you are already logged in and able to use Hosted services you will not be affected by this access issue and we recommend not logging out for now.

New Zealand Hosted users are not affected.

Our teams are continuing work to rectify this issue with the utmost urgency.
Photo of Anand

Anand

Hi Rav, appreciate that Reckon has finally updated its Home Screen about the system failure job well done.

How long before we can start using Reckon Hosted again??????
Photo of Lea Gregg

Lea Gregg

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It must be frustrating your end, I know you are obviously doing all you can. This is typical IT, always a challenge.  What's one day in the big picture. 
Photo of Krista Hannan

Krista Hannan

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
IT has more than likely been outsourced and know there is a system wide failure
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Krista,
Our devs are in-house.
Photo of Wayne GP Newton

Wayne GP Newton

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can anyone recommend something besides Reckon? I am sick of the constant issues
Photo of Angela Brown

Angela Brown

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to connect - Reckon Hosted.

All Im getting is a black screen with a few yellow and a few white boxes and the message in red "unable to connect to the WebConnect server."     Any suggestions?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Have been told Australia is affected but New Zealand is OK. Just a matter of time before we can use it and wrap up end of financial year
Photo of Tom Aravanis

Tom Aravanis

• 62 Points
This has been going on since 5pm cause that's when I got black screened.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone
While investigations are still continuing, the team have narrowed down the cause of the issue to the connection broker service that connects new customer login attempts to Hosted sessions. This is down at present and hasn't restarted as it should.

We have our full teams working on this at the moment, I'll post further news on progress as soon as possible.
Photo of Lin Johnson

Lin Johnson

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been with Reckon Online for years and can't log on.
Therefore not just the new customers.
Photo of Patricia Byrne

Patricia Byrne

I am not a new customers
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Patricia & Lin,
My earlier comments were referring to users who were not logged in at the time the issue started rather than new or existing customers to the Hosted service. 
Photo of Isaiah Saunders

Isaiah Saunders

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Leaving businesses paralysed without access to their finances at this crucial time of year is unbelievable.  This is precisely why effectively coercing businesses to migrate to the hosted product and leaving them vulnerable to service faults is outrageous.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 57,108 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Isiah,

I'm really sorry that you're affected by the current issue, its certainly not the experience we want for any of our users at any stage, let alone EOFY. We're working toward putting this right as we speak.
Photo of Isaiah Saunders

Isaiah Saunders

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
PS: To quote Reckon "We've got you covered over EOFY.. 
My a$$!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,078 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Isiah,
The post that you've linked to refers to our callback service which is in operation in the weekdays from 9am - 7pm.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone,
Work on rectifying this issue is still ongoing at this stage, no ETA just yet but I'll update you all on that as soon as one becomes apparent.

The team are currently reviewing a failure evident in the log files related to the service.
Photo of Kerrie DiMattia

Kerrie DiMattia

Any closer to a solution guys??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 53,372 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kerrie,
Still very much a work in progress at this stage.

We're still on this though, and I'll keep you updated

Really sorry for the hassle it's causing tonight.
Photo of Phaedra Reynolds

Phaedra Reynolds

I cant believe it, i have payroll calculations i need to put through tonight... not just disappointed, but really concerned. this is just not acceptable.
Photo of Ian Willy Oates

Ian Willy Oates

• 60 Points
Hi I drove 250Km to start a Mate of mine on Reckon Hosting and got to the stage of Data entry and dropped out I’ve had to explain to Him, after 7 years I have never had this problem... so we are sitting here talking Tax but I hope we can continue soo... but no point getting up set its just better its the hosts problem and not in our PC’s... Ian
(Edited)
Photo of Fiona

Fiona

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sorry doesn't cut it! What a joke of all nights!
Photo of tara mather

tara mather

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is BS guys! This BS is actually going to cost us money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did EOFY sneak up on you that you can't provide a stable platform... I think not!

I am sure I am not the only one here who's spent this time shopping around for another program!
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to check in with you all.

Our teams are still working through the problem at this stage.

I know there is a lot of frustration floating around right now due to this issue and quite understandably so. I'd just like to thank you all for your patience with us so far, I know it's the worst timing for this and again I sincerely apologize for that.

I will post further information as soon as possible.
(Edited)
Photo of TYSON DEKLEVA

TYSON DEKLEVA

This is honestly f#cked I had my admin in tonight with another company that I will be getting charged from having 4 of there workers which we haven’t Been able to finish all the financial work off due to this bull shit. What a waste of money this accounting soft where is.
Photo of Matthew Collins

Matthew Collins

• 70 Points
Update please 2.52am on Sunday and still trying to logon
Photo of Lyn McDonnell

Lyn McDonnell

• 60 Points
I know things happen that are out of our control but this is so disappointing again... kicked me out at 5pm yesterday 4:30am now still nothing. Wanted to pay the guys supers so it was all in last year banking and night time is the only time I can reconcile in the quiet.. Never wanted to go online because of this. I wonder how many business"s are frozen it is so inconvenient 
Photo of Debra

Debra

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Very poor response time in rectifying the problem. Can have a big impact in EOY financials if any business was wanting to pay super before EOFY. There needs to be some sort of retribution for this. Luckily I had my super all paid on the 29th if I hadn't it would of impacted my tax payable by 1000's. I've also been up most of the night hoping Reckon would be up & running, so much work to do. Extremely poor service.
Photo of Matthew Collins

Matthew Collins

• 70 Points
Any updates yet?? Still waiting to login. (Sunday - sorry family I still have to work as I  couldn't login while you were all sleeping to do my work)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

Good morning all,
Our teams were working late into the night on this problem but unfortunately we have been unable to fix it at this stage.

The team is going to start working on building a new server environment however at this stage I can't say how long that will take to implement, I will keep you updated on progress on that.

I'm very sorry everyone, I understand how much of an impact this issue is having on those affected especially at this time of year.

Thank you all your patience so far everyone.
Photo of CHRISTINE JONES

CHRISTINE JONES

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just letting you know that this is not isolated to new login attempts as we were logged in and working and were disconnected from the webserver by Reckon hosted. Quite concerning and i hope that the security of our data has not been compromised by chosing to use Reckon Hosted.
Photo of lou

lou

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
this has created a big issue for me and a costly one.
Photo of Raymond Gwatidzo

Raymond Gwatidzo

This is the worst an accounting system can ever get. I guess it time to switch to something better. REALLY angry and frustrated. 
Photo of Broni K Beerling

Broni K Beerling

• 718 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
where do we go though ? any ideas anyone - Netsuite and SAP are not affordable for small business
Photo of Penny

Penny, Accredited Partner

• 864 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Install your complimentary desktop version that is provided with your hosted licence.  Regularly back up and bring your backup down to desktop.  Then when you have situations like this, you can continue working in a desktop environment. 
Photo of Maureen Ryan

Maureen Ryan, Accredited Partner

• 720 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
can you give us some idea please - is this two days work, 1./2 a day, two hours you must have some idea so we can plan our days work.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 51,700 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maureen,
Unfortunately I don't have an indication on that just yet but I will let you and everyone on the thread know of any ETA's as further work progresses. 
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

• 866 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Surprise surprise Reckon is down again at the start of a new year! Luckily I have started the process to move to Quickbooks (which is up).
Photo of Broni K Beerling

Broni K Beerling

• 718 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
does it offer manufacturing BOM ? and other warehousing modules?
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

Broni - unfortunately it doesn't. Inventory is basic in Quickbooks. You will need to look at MYOB or move up to Great Plains etc
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 39,536 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sue Fishbowl will intergrate with Reckon and qbo
Photo of Candy Mo

Candy Mo

Hi Maureen
we have payrun tomorrow and we plan to do our backup over the weekend which everything has been delay now.
Photo of Jodie Vermeer

Jodie Vermeer

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Time to look for a new accounting package i think!  Any suggestions?
(Edited)
Photo of Jodie Vermeer

Jodie Vermeer

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Trish, I'll be looking into it!
Photo of Chris Whitmore

Chris Whitmore

• 74 Points
That's what my accountant wanted me to use years ago, but I stuck with this mob  Grrrr
Photo of Sue Miller

Sue Miller

I made the decision to move on the 1st July because of this happening last year! Just need to close the financial year in Reckon and then it's all done. Will retain for historical reporting only (view only version).
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 37,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Trish Xero is NOT an alternative
Photo of Brett Cole

Brett Cole

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Have been trying to Launch the 2018 accounts since Friday. Friday it took over 5 hours to backup and because I went to sleep when it finally backed up I had to start the process again. Tried again yesterday was going to take similar time frames. Try to do it last night and this morning and now having technical issues. Absolutely farcical. Who from Reckon wants to deal with 6 staff members from my organisation who will abuse me for not having this done? Hope to receive compensation from this. Absolute joke!
Photo of Peter Walker

Peter Walker

If some drop kick abuses you for a problem outside your control, abuse them back, take action for work place harassment,  get serious Brett 
Photo of Brittany

Brittany

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm with you there Pete. I'd be seriously rethinking working for an organisation where you think 6 staff members will abuse you for something completely outside of your control...and on a weekend!
Photo of Frank Fsadni

Frank Fsadni

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I can get in, but cannot print anything? how long will this take to be fixed please?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, there hasn't been as much in the way of progress on this issue as we'd like this morning. Work is continuing and we're doing everything we can to get to the bottom of the problem however there isn't a quick fix that we can apply to solve it.

I know this is making things very hard at such a crucial time of year everyone. We certainly hear your frustration and I sincerely apologise. 
Photo of Louise Sands

Louise Sands

• 60 Points
This is really frustrating and when the staff don't get paid tomorrow what are we supposed to tell them? 
Photo of Brendon Gardiner

Brendon Gardiner, Accredited Partner

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Any update on a fix yet Rav?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Brendon,
Latest update post here
Photo of Peter Walker

Peter Walker

I have been with quickbooks on line for many years , however I get it , everyone sticks the boots in straight away when ever they feel they aren't getting  what they paid for, , or don't get something to their expectations.  Wouldn't it be utopia if nothing ever failed, and if it does fail it does so at a a time that never inconvenienced anyone, my poor technicians put up with crap from unrealistic customers every day of the week, customers  that carry on being rude and demanding they deserve better and behave like they are the only ones in the world that day that has a break down and  because they are inconvenienced every resource should be given to them immediately ,  and blow and behold if you drop everything and run to them they don't say thanks when they are back  on line , they just complain about the cost of the repair or demand some sought of discount or compensation   , maybe we should form a class action against reckon , that no good useless company that has breakdowns from time to time 
Photo of Peter Walker

Peter Walker

I am sure you have bank records of past wages Louise , how about you pay them their average wage and sort it out when reckon is back on line , just because the bookeeping system has failed doesn't mean you can't pay wages, come on, 
Photo of Lin Johnson

Lin Johnson

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.