*RESOLVED* Reckon Accounts Hosted launch issue (30 June 2018)

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We're aware that some users are experiencing issues logging into Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

This issue is only affecting AU users of Reckon Accounts Hosted. New Zealand Hosted users are not affected.

You may experience a screen similar to the below image when attempting to launch Reckon Accounts Hosted. 

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing at such a busy time of year. 

Our teams are working on resolving this problem as quickly as we can.

I'll post updates here so please hit the 'Follow' button on this thread to receive updates.

THIS ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED, PLEASE SEE LATEST UPDATE HERE

Update: 30 June, 7:41pm
Update: 30 June, 8:12pm
Update: 30 June, 8:46pm
Update: 30 June, 11:12pm

Update: 1 July, 6:34am
Update: 1 July, 10:22am
Update: 1 July, 1:17pm
Update: 1 July, 4:07pm
Update: 1 July, 4:45pm
Update: 1 July, 5:55pm

** CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE **

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 68,882 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Maureen Ryan

Maureen Ryan, Accredited Partner

• 780 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Rav - please give us better timeframes when you reply next - I just think it's fair for all of us and a courtesy from Reckon.  Don't beat around the bush as such - your IT guys can give us their gut feeling ....we need it to run our businesses!!!!
Photo of Simon

Simon

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Exactly! I would like to know whether I will be back on at all today, and if so, will I be finishing my hours of work at 3am? Or 5am? Or will we still be locked out tomorrow? Disgraceful really how amateur they are.
Photo of Ray Gilham

Ray Gilham

• 60 Points
Really... Fellow Reckon users, These things happen with any software and any company. Most of you are frustrated because you left everything until the last minute. Get organised and when these down time happens its no big deal. 
Photo of Simon Mallender

Simon Mallender

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Are you for real? If Facebook was down for 24 hours there would be global outrage. Most on-line IT systems  guarantee 4 nines that 99.99% uptime. This failure doesn't even give 99.9%. And how absolutely STUPID to update a system as the most critical time of the year.  I'll be asking for my licence fee back. FFS.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 68,860 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Simon,
We weren't updating any systems or performing any maintenance. This was an unplanned issue.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone,

Our teams have been working hard to get this issue sorted and we're confident that we're ready to proceed with a solution.

The current ETA in resumption of service is one hour from now ie. 5:45pm (AEST).

I'll be getting in touch with you all again as soon we deploy this fix and the service is live with key information.

Thank you all for hanging in there, you've been extremely patient in very frustrating circumstances and we're extremely grateful for that.
(Edited)
Photo of Donna Harding-Smith

Donna Harding-Smith

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Like many, I'd allocated my day today to do invoicing for 30th June not to mentioned EOFY work for my business and a charity.  This is been a 10/10 inconvenience.
Its the same crap. Reckon has not added any new (Modern) features and basically hasn't changed anything in a very long time. it is a waste of time having a wish list if nobody reads it. This is just a little more than I can take. EOFY and then this rot. A call to fair trading in the morning is well justified I feel
Photo of Wayne GP Newton

Wayne GP Newton

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Has anyone tried Xero? I have been told its user friendly accounting software and doesnt have issues like Reckon all the time
Photo of Roy Saint

Roy Saint

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Just  be careful. We gave up transferring as we couldn't do what we had in Reckon but the Accountant was pushing it really hard.
My PA wasted 6 months trying to setup and run a "ghost". She wasn't that successful but it could be her experience too. She had no real book Keeping and we thought it should be very easy to try a set up.
It failed. Thank fully we rn Reckon continuously and carried forward from January this year. Good experiment but bad for the hip pocket.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 43,564 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Xero is expensive and its slow. Whatever you do do NOT let the accountant set up the file. He will hold you to ransom if you ever want to leave him and Xero will not be any help at all. They are oly interested in resellers. They don't care about end users. There is no phone support and the email support is pathetic. Thanks for your question. 
Photo of Suzi Beutel

Suzi Beutel

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So peeeved !!  I have One day to get tonne of end of financial book work done and STILL can not log on after 8 hours of trying - WASTED DAY - THANK-YOU hosted Reckon :(   NOT COOL
Photo of Richard Marshall

Richard Marshall

• 60 Points
I think its time that the Reckon help centre moved its centre to Aus because I have NEVER been sooo put off with the non expertise of the current setup. NO one can help with a problem with out referring to a second tech for answers. Reckon - get your act together or I'm off with this Account Package.
Photo of Julie Wearing

Julie Wearing

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How much longer?  I deliberately did not arrange anything today so I could make an indent with the year end financials.  This really is not good enough will not have to alter my plans for tomorrow thanks a lot!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Julie,
The ETA is in my latest post above.
Photo of Kevin Russell

So its back now Rav? Good then. 
Photo of Bruce

Bruce

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i'm in, but it is a different looking screen.  Looks like the version we had earlier in the year with the simpler copy and print options.   Hope they can keep these features this time
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Bruce, 
That's correct, we're operating on our new server environment so it may look slightly different. There's more info in my update post below -
https://bit.ly/2Nfp3gf
Photo of Craig Johnston

Craig Johnston

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is there really a desktop version key available with the hosted subscription, I've been trying to track down the installation key but it does not list that I have any available products.

Photo of Judy Mitchell

Judy Mitchell

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
Photo of Kevin Russell

Craig the desktop version won't help if you don't have a contemporaneous backup. It's not a solution at all. 
RAH back on the air again from Melbounre  17:50PM.

Gary
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

** UPDATE **

RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED SERVICES ARE NOW ONLINE

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd just like to thank you all again for being so patient with us as we work through this issue.

In an effort to to restore access for users who are unable to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted, we are deploying a new server environment which will not only rectify the access issue but also bring in streamlined workflow processes in various areas such as printing, copy/paste and added stability.

This is now live and Reckon Accounts Hosted services are back online.

The introduction of this new environment has been in our plans for release this year, and we've brought it forward in an effort to expedite a resolution to access issues affecting some Hosted users at the moment.

IMPROVED PRINTING
We have reduced the number of clicks required for you to print your documents including purchase orders, reports, payslips, invoices and more. This means you can now print faster.

One thing to be aware of, when you print from the new environment you may have to enable pop-ups from Hosted in your browser to complete your print.
Click here for instructions -
When I try to print in Hosted nothing happens, the print window doesn't appear

REMOVAL OF THE CLIPBOARD IN CHROME ON PC
You can now copy and paste directly in Chrome (on PC) without using the clipboard. 
You can also use Ctrl+C (for copy) and Ctrl+V (for paste) on your keyboard to copy and paste info.

We sincerely apologise to everyone who was affected by this issue at such a critical time of year. We certainly hear all the feedback & frustration and we will be reviewing this event including what went wrong and what we will be doing to ensure this does not occur again in future.
(Edited)
Photo of Charles van Rotterdam

Charles van Rotterdam

• 9,240 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

It's all good Rav

Photo of Maureen Ryan

Thanks Reckon Team back on air with reckon after 26 hours- 4pm Saturday till 6.15pm Sunday....staff member tried and she contacted me as we have wages to do.
In for a long night duty!!!!  Reckon needs to come up with a better system to notify when you are back on air and up and working especially after 26 hours.!!!! 
Photo of Shirley Ingle

Shirley Ingle, Accredited Partner

• 2,742 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Well done Reckon Tech, Dev Team and Rav. It has been frustrating for end users but I would imagine has been more trying for the Reckon Team trying to fix the problem. At least Reckon has kept at their desks trying for a good outcome and have succeeded. When everything is working well no comments for the team, when the system fails the Reckon team cop all kinds of verbal abuse. With the comments from various ones that posted remarks and threatened to jump to another software, all I can say is Reckon is still the best. In any situation, you have to make allowances that everything does not perform 100% all the time. To the Reckon Team, have a couple of cold ones, you deserve it.
Photo of Maureen Ryan

Reckon- still a printing issues even with the pop up messages, can you explain this again on the home page when we log in.  Really hard to find your messages Rav with everyone else's comments.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Maureen,
What is happening when you try printing? Which browser are you using and does the same thing happen on all browsers? Error messages?

All of my update posts are listed and linked in order on the first post.
(Edited)
Photo of Hayley Williams

Hayley Williams

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
yes Im unable to print too
Photo of Hayley Williams

Hayley Williams

All Good Now , working in Safari
Photo of Lin Johnson

Lin Johnson

No Drop down for choice of printer.
Unable to print after enable pop up as per instruction.
Re start the Reckon Online. Restart Computer and still not working. Can't print any statement
Photo of Mehrnoosh

Mehrnoosh

• 930 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

The reckon Hosted API is not working.
The message is "Request has not been completed yet. Please check back in couple of minutes" for creating only one customer in Reckon. This's been happening from Yesterday I believe.
Can you please have check it please.

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.